Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enchanted Forest with Fujinon f1.8 2.7mm fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Enchanted Forest with Fujinon f1.8 2.7mm fisheye Reply with quote

Got this at a camera fair in Damstadt, thought I'll give it a try as it is small and light...

At 185 degrees coverage, it is quite a challenge not to get any body parts in the picture Wink
I haven't cropped the borders fully away to get a perfectly black framed circle.

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful location. Like 1 small

Nice flare resistance in #5 even with the sun in the frame.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems it is a good lens to turn your camera into a point and shot. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It seems it is a good lens to turn your camera into a point and shot. Wink

I thought so too, then I noticed that hands, feet and head got in the way, corrected that, then
found out that a crooked horizon is unpleasant, so not to hold it high or low, then to avoid trees
and other straight lines on the outer side as they turns into half circles etc.

NOT THAT easy actually... Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. This is the reason why it can be fun to use a circular fish-eye. Friends

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I see. This is the reason why it can be fun to use a circular fish-eye. Friends

Yep, always happy to learn something new! Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part II - at the Rhein river promenade

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part III - Trees

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting results. So the image circle is nearly the height of a micro4/3 frame, or did you crop the image also in the vertical dimension? Looks like an interesting candidate to use to get macro images of insects and the like with an extremely large depth of field. Although at 2.8mm, I guess a small subject still won't be very large even when touching the front lens. Stiil, it may be fun to try.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
Interesting results. So the image circle is nearly the height of a micro4/3 frame, or did you crop the image also in the vertical dimension? Looks like an interesting candidate to use to get macro images of insects and the like with an extremely large depth of field. Although at 2.8mm, I guess a small subject still won't be very large even when touching the front lens. Stiil, it may be fun to try.

Yep, we both seem to know well why I bought it originally, exactly for that wide angle macro purpose Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this today on reddit, you've made an impression!

https://www.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/6itf1g/official_weekly_how_was_this_photo_taken_thread/dj9krz3/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Saw this today on reddit, you've made an impression!

https://www.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/6itf1g/official_weekly_how_was_this_photo_taken_thread/dj9krz3/

he he, glad someone got inspired Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots,5% lens 95% masterful choice of composition Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I need to find a tiny and cheap one for APS-C!
Perfect use for a NEX-3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
kryss wrote:

Wink Wink Wink

+1

& choices of subjects!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have processed a few to make the outer look nicer..

and yes, may legs are deliberately in that image ... relaxing after shooting

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Now you absolutely must explain the differently coloured shoelaces Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Well....long story short, my wife bought some italian hiking shoes for our forthcoming Tramuntana hiking tour in Majorca, and since they turned out to be awesome to walk in, I decided to get the same in male version, which just happened to have three sets of laces in the box, and the shoes were laced one beige and one red - and I liked it that much that I decided to make that my signature style Wink Wink Wink

Too bad I did not have this fisheye with me there then, would have given some awesome perspectives...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics..of you and your lady spouse Klaus,now I can match your Physiogany to your name.I was in Majorca in early 60's and it has changed immensely, at my age I now know what is meant by "the good old days" Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Nice pics..of you and your lady spouse Klaus,now I can match your Physiogany to your name.I was in Majorca in early 60's and it has changed immensely, at my age I now know what is meant by "the good old days" Wink

Yes it indeed has and not for the better (we do avoid the South, too many drunks) - except the streets, those are brand new (most), thx to EU funding Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Well....long story short, my wife bought some italian hiking shoes for our forthcoming Tramuntana hiking tour in Majorca, and since they turned out to be awesome to walk in, I decided to get the same in male version, which just happened to have three sets of laces in the box, and the shoes were laced one beige and one red - and I liked it that much that I decided to make that my signature style Wink Wink Wink

Too bad I did not have this fisheye with me there then, would have given some awesome perspectives...

Good story! Thanks. Share the shoe brand please? I'm always looking for comfortable hiking shoes...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Good story! Thanks. Share the shoe brand please? I'm always looking for comfortable hiking shoes...

DOLOMITE, Italian shoe makers since 1897: http://www.dolomite.it/outdoor/collection/footwear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, especially Part iii with trees.
I guess you have to leave the camera on the ground then use 10sec timer and run away...
in case I found it in the wood....

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Nice ones, especially Part iii with trees.
I guess you have to leave the camera on the ground then use 10sec timer and run away...
in case I found it in the wood....

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

don't have to, f1.8 is very fast Smile