Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enchanted Forest with Fujinon f1.8 2.7mm fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Now I need to find a tiny and cheap one for APS-C!
Perfect use for a NEX-3

Meike 6.5mm/2.0. Wink

http://forum.mflenses.com/first-walk-in-the-park-with-meike-6-5mm-2-0-t77194.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
... then
found out that a crooked horizon is unpleasant, so not to hold it high or low, then to avoid trees
and other straight lines on the outer side as they turns into half circles etc.

Personally I think it's the opposite. Perfectly straight horizon perfectly through the center of the frame in my view makes boring compositions most of the time. And trying to fit the composition around a centrally placed horizon and avoiding subject with straight lines limits creativity way too much. It's better to let go of your conventional preconceptions and just embrace the fishiness of the lens and a whole new world of creative opportunities will open in front of you. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
kds315* wrote:
... then
found out that a crooked horizon is unpleasant, so not to hold it high or low, then to avoid trees
and other straight lines on the outer side as they turns into half circles etc.

Personally I think it's the opposite. Perfectly straight horizon perfectly through the center of the frame in my view makes boring compositions most of the time. And trying to fit the composition around a centrally placed horizon and avoiding subject with straight lines limits creativity way too much. It's better to let go of your conventional preconceptions and just embrace the fishiness of the lens and a whole new world of creative opportunities will open in front of you. Wink

Taste is a very subjective thing, but luckily enough here we all are free to think & do whatever we want to Wink

I'll have a look at the Meike 6.5mm too, but the latter needs to be stopped down a bit I read (the Fujinon
is great even at f1.8 ) and on mft it's circle is somewhat cropped (on micro 4/3 that is) which I am not a fan of;
on Sony / APS-C senors it seems to deliver a full, uncropped circle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got another one with adjustable aperture for a very good price... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took it with me when I went back this 2018 late autumn to the "Enchanted Forest"

Quite happy with the results...