Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dagora Digna Correlar 80/2.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Dagora Digna Correlar 80/2.9 Reply with quote

Found it locally for 2€. Works and clean-ish.

What should I expect from it?
Is it triplet or tessar?
Do I use my last Ilford b&w 120 roll (which costs about 6€ now)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triplet fo what I could find: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/004N5m
Can be a nice lens though. Succes!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Triplet fo what I could find: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/004N5m
Can be a nice lens though. Succes!

thanks!

focusing shall be intetresting task guesstimating at 2.9 Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it! Pretty fast lens for that camera.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a very "Trioplan" like lens I think.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
That would be a very "Trioplan" like lens I think.
Good luck.

Interesting - I wonder if one could make a non-destructive conversion, after all it was 2 euros and I'm not 100% certain the camera works. (and I do have a very well working Yashicaflex for 120)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems an extremely simple camera.
The main questions are -

- Fog on inner elements. There very often is, on front cell focus triplets, on one or both sides of the second element.
- Whether the shutter works. Try it. Its a simple Gauthier Pronto (speed to 200) so it should be easy to fix even if stuck. Naptha/lighter fluid should do very well.
- Whether the aperture works - just try and see, thats an easy one.
- Whether the front-cell focus (looks like front cell type) is accurate at infinity. The best way to test is groundglass at film plane. Note - if you have to unstick the shutter or clean fogging you will have to reset infinity anyway.

And you won't find the dreaded light leaks until you actually shoot a roll.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this original? I seem to recall the Dacora 1 had a turn- or pull-out entirely from metal. No light leaks in no folding fabric...

It almost looks to me like someone took lens and timer from a folder and molded it to a humble dacora. But both my folder and Dacora 1 are under 23 pounds of junk currently..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buerokratiehasser wrote:
Is this original? I seem to recall the Dacora 1 had a turn- or pull-out entirely from metal. No light leaks in no folding fabric...

Yes, it is a twist and bounce metal tube, condition is pretty good, waiting just for some more light fo a 125 film. Wink

can't sleep too long, you'll miss the most of the day