Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Dagora Digna Correlar 80/2.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Dagora Digna Correlar 80/2.9 Reply with quote

Found it locally for 2€. Works and clean-ish.

What should I expect from it?
Is it triplet or tessar?
Do I use my last Ilford b&w 120 roll (which costs about 6€ now)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triplet fo what I could find: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/004N5m
Can be a nice lens though. Succes!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Triplet fo what I could find: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/004N5m
Can be a nice lens though. Succes!

thanks!

focusing shall be intetresting task guesstimating at 2.9 Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it! Pretty fast lens for that camera.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a very "Trioplan" like lens I think.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
That would be a very "Trioplan" like lens I think.
Good luck.

Interesting - I wonder if one could make a non-destructive conversion, after all it was 2 euros and I'm not 100% certain the camera works. (and I do have a very well working Yashicaflex for 120)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems an extremely simple camera.
The main questions are -

- Fog on inner elements. There very often is, on front cell focus triplets, on one or both sides of the second element.
- Whether the shutter works. Try it. Its a simple Gauthier Pronto (speed to 200) so it should be easy to fix even if stuck. Naptha/lighter fluid should do very well.
- Whether the aperture works - just try and see, thats an easy one.
- Whether the front-cell focus (looks like front cell type) is accurate at infinity. The best way to test is groundglass at film plane. Note - if you have to unstick the shutter or clean fogging you will have to reset infinity anyway.

And you won't find the dreaded light leaks until you actually shoot a roll.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this original? I seem to recall the Dacora 1 had a turn- or pull-out entirely from metal. No light leaks in no folding fabric...

It almost looks to me like someone took lens and timer from a folder and molded it to a humble dacora. But both my folder and Dacora 1 are under 23 pounds of junk currently..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buerokratiehasser wrote:
Is this original? I seem to recall the Dacora 1 had a turn- or pull-out entirely from metal. No light leaks in no folding fabric...

Yes, it is a twist and bounce metal tube, condition is pretty good, waiting just for some more light fo a 125 film. Wink

can't sleep too long, you'll miss the most of the day