Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will, Wetzlar Wilon 4.5/105 (Large Format Lens) - updated!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Will, Wetzlar Wilon 4.5/105 (Large Format Lens) - updated! Reply with quote

Hi!

I recently got some large format and projector lenses to play around with at my EOS.
Last Sunday I found some time to build a home made lens construction.
I took a EOS body cap, drilled a hole in it, glued a plastic muffle to it and out the lens into a fitting plastic tube, so that it is possible to focus.

Here is a picture of the construction (at my EOS600):

And here are some first results:

100% crop - unsharpened!

100% crop - unsharpened!

These pics were shot at f4.5 (which is wide open for this lens).

I was pretty amazed by this performance...

Carsten

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun May 06, 2007 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a wild and crazy guy, Carsten! Laughing But pretty spiffy results! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:
You're a wild and crazy guy, Carsten! Laughing But pretty spiffy results! Smile

Bill

I know, Bill, sometimes I lose my self-control, get a weird idea and try to accomplish what I have in mind. Wink

This for example happens when I can buy two large format lenses and 4 projector lenses for about € 14,-... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I know, Bill, sometimes I lose my self-control, get a weird idea and try to accomplish what I have in mind. Wink

This for example happens when I can buy two large format lenses and 4 projector lenses for about € 14,-... Very Happy

Makes it all the sweeter, doesn't it? Smile I think this effort is your best-in-show, at least from viewing the samples.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is the only "real" camera lens.
So, it's no real surprise that this lens performs better than the other, projector lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some more work, it looks like this:

I painted the tubes matt black and put some anti-slip duct tape around the mounted pipe, in order to have a better grip.

As a next (and last step) I will add a 49mm UV-filter at the mount of the tube to prevent particles and dust falling into the camera body.[/img]