Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can rejuvenate that focus rubber it'll look just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Minolta AF 50mm f/2.8 macro as recommended by Stephan. I figured this could be a very nice landscape / nature lens, as it has very good colors, resolution and corner performance (also at infinity) and also allows for an occasional macro or close up shot.

.... hope you won't be disappointed ... !

S

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SMC Takumar 17mm f4 fisheye and SMC 120mm f2.8 came in. The fisheye is a bit beat up, but no more than expected. It's going to be fun to use it! The 120mm looks to be stupid sharp and will be a great addition to the club!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:
My SMC Takumar 17mm f4 fisheye and SMC 120mm f2.8 came in. The fisheye is a bit beat up, but no more than expected. It's going to be fun to use it! The 120mm looks to be stupid sharp and will be a great addition to the club!

I'm using my SMC Pentax "K" 120mm f/2.8 for my "Single in February" challenge over on Pentax Forums. Images posted on my Ipernity feed. Stopped down it's very sharp. Wide open it is a little soft but this may have been deliberate on a slightly-long portrait lens.

It is curious that Pentax made a 105, 120, 2 x 135s and a 150 in the K series. Seems like a lot of choice over a small range of focal lengths.

K.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
mr_tibbs2004 wrote:

I'm using my SMC Pentax "K" 120mm f/2.8 for my "Single in February" challenge over on Pentax Forums. Images posted on my Ipernity feed. Stopped down it's very sharp. Wide open it is a little soft but this may have been deliberate on a slightly-long portrait lens.

It is curious that Pentax made a 105, 120, 2 x 135s and a 150 in the K series. Seems like a lot of choice over a small range of focal lengths.

K.

...............and two different 85mm lenses as well.
Spoiled for choice
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
mr_tibbs2004 wrote:

K.

I once tested this lens against a few 135mm’s. It was not better or worse than most of them. As a portrait lens I would probably prefer it over a 135mm, although I usually grab something within the 85mm to 105mm range.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD Macro 3.5/50
w/dedicated extension ring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
Minolta MD Macro 3.5/50
w/dedicated extension ring

A photo of this lens would be interesting!

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

I wish I had the dedicated TC for my Rokkor-X version.

Congrats

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor 17mm f/3.5. Should be the same lens by Tokina sold under Vivitar as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir:

That is very nice!

Looking forward to seeing your images.

Like 1

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane03 wrote:
Voigtländer SL 125mm 2.5 APO LANTHAR incoming Happy Dog

Can't wait for it to arrive to use it with my Nikon Df and it's "brothers".
After comparison I am wondering if I can then part with either one of them

Voigtländer SL 75mm 2.5 Color Heliar
Voigtländer SL II 90mm 3.5 APO LANTHAR
Voigtländer SL 180mm 4.0 APO LANTHAR

or ending up with a bunch of "keepers" Rolling Eyes

Sometimes you're on the lucky side...

Once the 125 was received, I also found another copy of the SL 180/4 as well as
the Voigtländer SL II N 28mm 2.8 Color Skopar
and the Voigtländer SL II 40mm 2.0 Ultron

Happy Cat

Family picture incoming once all are here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron SP 500mm 1:8 Tele-Macro 55BB
Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1:2.5 / 135 (43812 -- second version)

Both deals too good to pass... (i.e. GAS flare-up LOL)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross London Xpres 7-1/4 inch f4.5
The Lens Vade Mecum lists it as a five element in three groups
Not sure what to expect from this one, but it was cheap, so I will have a play with it and see how it paints.
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
The Lens Vade Mecum lists it as a five element in three groups

Looks really interesting! Please post your samples.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Steinheil Aktinar 2.8/45 came, attached to an old and cheap but working Ferrania camera.

I don't dare to butcher it, even though curious about the lens performance. Is it a triplet (probably) or even a doublet?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a hold of a cheap Askania Universal film camera from what I believe to be late 1920s. With it came three beautiful Astro-Berlin Pan-Tachar cine lenses in good condition. They were originally used by the Norwegian state owned "Norsk Film A/S".

I'm in the process of making an adapter that fits all three lenses for my Sony A7Rii with focus control. I don't recognise the mount, so I assume it's a unique mount for the Askania cameras.

I don't really know the age of the lenses, as I haven't found any serial number "look-ups", but the patents for these were filed in 1925. They are definitely the oldest Astro-Berlin lenses I own based on the serial numbers.

Astro Pan-Tachar 35/2.3 S/N 10084
Astro Pan-Tachar 50/2.3 S/N 10408
Astro Pan-Tachar 75/2.3 S/N 10196

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ostenespen wrote:
I just got a hold of a cheap Askania Universal film camera from what I believe to be late 1920s. With it came three beautiful Astro-Berlin Pan-Tachar cine lenses in good condition. They were originally used by the Norwegian state owned "Norsk Film A/S".

I'm in the process of making an adapter that fits all three lenses for my Sony A7Rii with focus control. I don't recognise the mount, so I assume it's a unique mount for the Askania cameras.

I don't really know the age of the lenses, as I haven't found any serial number "look-ups", but the patents for these were filed in 1925. They are definitely the oldest Astro-Berlin lenses I own based on the serial numbers.

Astro Pan-Tachar 35/2.3 S/N 10084
Astro Pan-Tachar 50/2.3 S/N 10408
Astro Pan-Tachar 75/2.3 S/N 10196

Welcome, ostenespen. I'm quoting your post so the photos will appear. After you make one post, all your following photos should be visible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful old lenses!

Welcome Turtle here ostenespen!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ostenespen I'm intrigued by these lenses, so nice to see something that unique. Can't wait to see samples!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hapgood wrote:
ostenespen I'm intrigued by these lenses, so nice to see something that unique. Can't wait to see samples!

I'm just as intrigued as you, I'll be sure to use them a lot once the long dark winter finally ends. Lately I've been lucky with Astro-Berlin lenses, a little before Christmas last year I got a hold of an even more rare one; Astro-Kino VII 100mm f/1.4 from the 1930s that cover up to 6x6 format, maybe even 6x7. It has a huge barrel diameter of 80mm. I'm still not sure what machine this lens was actually used on. The only source I could find said it was used used on a modified Siemens 16mm projector as a special purpose "large area" projection lens. But never have I seen a 16mm projector with a 80mm diameter mount to fit this beast in. Also newer versions of this lens has a more standard 62.5mm diameter barrel, which tells me the source I found most likely talks about these newer versions. So this lens is a big mystery for me, I've never seen this exact early version I have anywhere else, only the newer ones.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ostenespen wrote:
hapgood wrote:

I'm just as intrigued as you, I'll be sure to use them a lot once the long dark winter finally ends. Lately I've been lucky with Astro-Berlin lenses, a little before Christmas last year I got a hold of an even more rare one; Astro-Kino VII 100mm f/1.4 from the 1930s that cover up to 6x6 format, maybe even 6x7. It has a huge barrel diameter of 80mm. I'm still not sure what machine this lens was actually used on. The only source I could find said it was used used on a modified Siemens 16mm projector as a special purpose "large area" projection lens. But never have I seen a 16mm projector with a 80mm diameter mount to fit this beast in. Also newer versions of this lens has a more standard 62.5mm diameter barrel, which tells me the source I found most likely talks about these newer versions. So this lens is a big mystery for me, I've never seen this exact early version I have anywhere else, only the newer ones.

Mesmerizing...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the most beautiful lens I've ever seen. Truly a work of art!