Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/135 Exakta -Fuji XE-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 4/135 Exakta -Fuji XE-1 Reply with quote

I just bought this lens recently,I was after another lens in the same auction and this Sonnar was a bonus.I really think you can't go wrong with a Sonnar lens.I have the later MC S 3.5/135 Sonnar (M42) and there is no difference between them.In handling the M42 certainly is a lot easier to use....but not by that much.
The blades on the 4/135 are a little bit sticky but with use they seem to be working ok now.The focusing is smooth which as we know can be a hit or miss with some of these lenses.
Taken at F4 early morning sun,on a monopod and there was a slight breeze.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow .. the contrast really bring the colors up

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellows are so hard to capture, so I had cranked the shutter speed dial on the XE-1 to 1000,to try and not blow out the yellow.I also have the Fuji's menu setting to Velvia for punchier colors.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth as butter bokeh too! Spread that on toast: Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot Mo.
Sonnars never disappoint
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more sunflower taken from the front.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to complain about there Wink How close does the older Exakta version focus?

And maybe the DRR-Zeiss lens experts can telll me if I'm confused and doddery in thinking that one or other of the 1960s Jena lenses had a diaphragm that adjusted to give a constant aperture as you focused closer? I could be way off-track . . .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen
It focuses close enough for me which is 1m,which is not bad for flowers.Its probably ideal for cat portraits but the cat is being a cat and doing her own thing at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this lens. Cheap, and handy. My working horse. ^^