Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Macro-Quinaron 35/2.8 on A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Macro-Quinaron 35/2.8 on A7RII Reply with quote

This lens perform similarly with the early chrome version, except it focus down to 2:1. It is way more heavy than the chrome version. The coating is different from the chrome version so does the color of the flare.

Links to samples of the early chrome version.
http://forum.mflenses.com/steinheil-auto-quinaron-35mm-f2-8-chrome-t58919,highlight,%2Bquinaron.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/steinheil-auto-quinaron-35mm-f2-8-on-a7r-ii-t78332,highlight,%2Bquinaron.html

Here are few samples with slightly edit in post. Click the following photos to enlarge.

#5 (The vignetting is caused by the long than normal hood)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Is it of the same optical design as the Auto-Quinaron, just focusing closer? The Auto already focuses down to 20cm, so I suppose it wouldn't take much more to reach 2:1.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Leica Fox wrote:
Like 1

Is it of the same optical design as the Auto-Quinaron, just focusing closer? The Auto already focuses down to 20cm, so I suppose it wouldn't take much more to reach 2:1.

The first photo shows how long it will take it to 2:1. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp and mild OOF, a nice character!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wondered about these but they seemed quite expensive to me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I've wondered about these but they seemed quite expensive to me.

They are mostly for collectors now. The 100mm does standout as it is the only F2.8 lens made by Steinheil.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images. Yeah, that 100mm 2.8 has been on my watch list forever, that was the one I was referring to, actually. TBH, I was unaware they had made a 35mm macro. I really can't even justify the 100mm price but I would love to have one. Maybe someday...when money comes in the mail. I have the very capable olympus 90mm f2 macro so it isn't as if it is a tool I can't access.