Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SERIES] Bardi Mediaeval and Fantasy Fair 2007 - part 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: [SERIES] Bardi Mediaeval and Fantasy Fair 2007 - part 1 Reply with quote

OK this is the first part of the series only. It regards the flag jugglers show on the village main piazza, until they climb their way to the castle.

All the parts inside the castle (the majority of photographs) still have to be processed. But I thought it was time to show something even if the series is not complete.

I will change the gallery template, as I am not 100% happy with the current - I would like the background grey darker, and other changes as well. Maybe Michael and Attila will show me how to do that Smile

OK I hope you like the pictures - this is a series, so it's a different concept than picking the "best of the best pictures" - I try to tell a story here, so mixed with the best shots there are also some "normal" pictures whose purpose is only to provide logical linking for following the story and creating the atmosphere.

www.orio.ws/temp/bardi_070409_part1/index.html

The technical info is at the bottom of each picture.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are looking wonderful - but you shouldn't post them right now. You know why. Very Happy

I now see what's the problem with your background color. You defined it in your style-sheet, but the in the HTML of your site there is a definition that overlay it. You have to delete the bgcolor tag in the body tag to use the definition of the style sheet.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
They are looking wonderful - but you shouldn't post them right now. You know why. Very Happy
I now see what's the problem with your background color. You defined it in your style-sheet, but the in the HTML of your site there is a definition that overlay it. You have to delete the bgcolor tag in the body tag to use the definition of the style sheet.
Michael

OK, thanks! I will make as you say.
There are other things that I would like.
For instance the techinical caption. I would like if the software could read it from the Exif "COMMENT" info field. RIght now, I had to type it in into EVERY slide page Crying or Very sad
Also, I would like if, for pictures that are taller than wide, the technical info could be displayed on the right of picture instead of the bottom.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like very nice pictures. Very Happy

Maybe you shout make them a little bit smaller. On my machine it simply takes to much time to load each picture. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:

Maybe you shout make them a little bit smaller. On my machine it simply takes to much time to load each picture. Sad

Yes perhaps I should compress them more. I don't think it's your machine, it's just the files are big. I hate the JPG artifacts, so I tried to make them less compressed, but I ahve perhaps exaggerated.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
lahnet wrote:

Yes perhaps I should compress them more. I don't think it's your machine, it's just the files are big. I hate the JPG artifacts, so I tried to make them less compressed, but I ahve perhaps exaggerated.

Well, the picture quality certainly is worth waiting for the download time in my book! I went through every one.

Two comments:
1 I can't say why, but the Sonnar pictures appear richer and than the Summicron ones. Maybe it's an effect of the longer focal length.

2 Why is the King so miserable?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Two comments:
1 I can't say why, but the Sonnar pictures appear richer and than the Summicron ones. Maybe it's an effect of the longer focal length.

No focal lenght, it's a combination of factors:

a- Leica lens is much more contrasted than the Sonnar to start with

b- my 5D has an overexposure problem and if you can't keep it under control, it can make too bright photos. That's what happened here - I was shooting fast and without much time to think amongst clicks - a sane photographer would have used an autofocus lens, but I am insane Wink

c- image quality of 400D is in my VERY personal opinion better, and exposure also. I keep repeating it and everybody keeps telling me that I am wrong (at best) or that I'm an idiot (at worst), because if I have a 5D I just can NOT prefer a 400D - well, like all visionaries, sooner or later I will find someone who believes me when I say that IQ in the 400D is better. Laughing
Not that 5D is bad, mind - it's excellent. Glorious camera. It's just that I happen to prefer the IQ of 400D.

2 Why is the King so miserable? [/quote]

Maybe he had an argument with the Queen? Laughing

(BTW I don't think they are supposed to be kings - just country castle lords or something like that)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter what kind of trumpet have the two guys?
Can you identify it?

It has the typical squeaky sound that you hear from trumpets in the mediaeval movies' music Laughing that's the best I can describe it Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, colourful pictures that convey a really good-humoured atmosphere.
Must have been very nice to be there!

These trumpets (that look a bit like fanfare with valves) are really interesting.

BTW, this is a nice link about the acoustics of brass instruments: http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/brassacoustics.html

Carsten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Nice, colourful pictures that convey a really good-humoured atmosphere.
Must have been very nice to be there!

It was, especially for the children, it was fantastic for them! You will understand more when you will see the photos of the sort-of-ragnarok Wink

The jugglers were VERY concentrated and professional. There was an amazing guy -the one who is playing "solo" in the last pictures here- who could fly 4 flags at a time! Playing with them with both hands and feet. And they were not light flags, they were heavy!!
There was also a girl, you can see her, she was of small body, but she had incredible strenght in her arms to throw those flags in the air. Amazing!
And they did also do great ensembles. Really a top quality show! I saw many flag jugglers, but seldom with this ability.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Peter what kind of trumpet have the two guys?
Can you identify it?

It has the typical squeaky sound that you hear from trumpets in the mediaeval movies' music Laughing that's the best I can describe it Wink

Carsten is right, these are herald or fanfare trumpets, key of Bflat.