Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 180/6.3 (exa)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 180/6.3 (exa) Reply with quote

Among some bargains I want to re-sell in my country Very Happy I bought this wacky silver beast from Poland outside eBay (hoping to be delivered this time Evil or Very Mad)

I hope this to be mountable and not entirely wasteful for photography but, of course, it was very much the look and design why I picked this one. Cost around €105 including delivery.

Never seen to be sold that low earlier (barely being offered at eBay), don't consider it to be steal either Laughing Couldn't resist, you know...
Code:
http://collectiblend.com/Lenses/Zeiss,-Carl-Jena/180mm-f6.3-Tele-Tessar-K-(Kine-Exakta).html

Marek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, shiny! Looks great!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First sample hopefully solid enough to public. Of course wide open. Don't take composion into account, etc. - just testing.

Being VERY lightweight and pocketable, as well as with very smooth focal ring, the lens is generally excellent and easy to handle. With respect to its bad f for a 180mm lens, not exactly a "butterfly-range" MFD and more ordinary, a bit weak looking build when compared to its big brother, I somehow expected 180mm Tele-Tessar to be beaten by 250mm one. But nothing was more far from truth.

It has (far?) better sharpness, bigger contrast, seems to be betten in counterlight, has no serious chromatic aberration. Only the infinity is not "pimped" and therefeore not too Canon EOS compatible but I can really live with that. Bokeh is smoother and somewhat more pleasant, although not "wild".

Quite surprisingly, I could recommend the lens to anyone if prize is OK not for being rare and weird, but due to optical capabilities as well. Be happy to shoot more with, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sharpness tests I've made yesterday. All of those are raws so I have no complaints about this atribute.

Most usable MF telephoto I've had so far.