Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 250/6.3 (silver)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 250/6.3 (silver) Reply with quote

...I know nothing about except it looks cool, rare and requires exa to eos adapter.

Auction won

♦ Although searching precisely, I found almost nothing about here at MFL, just some Attila's information the lens being "super rare" and "collector's item" that "you may never found in auction again"

♦ According this website the lens is about to be (or tried to be) sold for app. €1.000? Shocked

Did I just buy steal, fake, or hardly usable piece of silver crap? It will shoot butterflies indeed! Very Happy

I almost forgot I found the only somehow representative picture (supposedly) made with this long, horrible f having lens.

I decided to collect weirdos anyway.

Marek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps its simply a great bargain (and you were lucky enough to find it and get it Cool ) It looks cool enough...bring on the butterflies!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, first time I see this lens, congratz Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, it must have been either bravery or idiocy and only time will decide. Of course there will be butterflies any time soon, the very first Spring ones - if the pre-war EXA fits to my EXA to EOS adapter !

Besides, I bidded limit €151 25 sec before the end. Silly me, I should have waited app. 10 sec more, the possible bargain might even be considerably cheaper... Very Happy

I wish it had somehow frozen tone made of lower contrast and colder colors that's both possible according to that white dressed chick photo. That's aspect I might invite, its natural cold(ness).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice price for a rare lens!
Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the lens any trackable history? Does anyone know something about it? Anything? Anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Does the lens any trackable history? Does anyone know something about it? Anything? Anyone?

Yes, a bit....
In 1938 it costed 300RM, the Kine-Exakta ranged from 200 RM with Exaktar to 395 RM with Biotar.
So it was a pretty expensive lens.

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another related familiar craziness with mount I've never heard of, ain't buying anything this time:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/M42-Teleobjektiv-Carl-Zeiss-Jena-Tele-Tessar-1-6-3-25-cm-Beaulieu-Adapter-/380942782354?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item58b1f58f92 Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 45 days the package just arrived. But it was worth to wait for. This exceptional Third Reich lens is an ultimate constructional masterpiece. Every aspect looks so luxurious and well-planned, couldn't nearly believe my eyes. The condition is again excellent, just as optics without a single scare. Love this purchase.

In the meanwhile I lurked for its history a bit.
Code:
http://collectiblend.com/Lenses/Zeiss,-Carl-Jena/250mm-f6.3-Tele-Tessar-(Kine-Exakta).html

Also again available on eBay but costs more that would even be funny.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/231089219840?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Reminds me of German prewar racing cars somehow. Those driven by Rudolf Caracciola and B. Rosemeyer Cool

With 2.6 m+ for a 250mm lens, the MFD looks quite butterfly-friendly, unlike prewar Telemegor 250 I watched (and lost this week) as well.

Even my Tele-Tessar 18cm looks somehow weak and cheap when compared, and its MFD is only 10 cm shorter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful piece of history. Have you attempted to mount it to anything yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful looking lens, congratulations!
I will be happy to see some samples later.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, the lens fits very well into my EOS (EXA to EOS adapter), actually better than post-war Trioplan or Sonnar. That was also a nice surprise.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the sample from the big one, the sexy one. Small comparison with Tele-Tessar 180/6.3 here.

So far it seems this pretty rare lens to be anything but an optical miracle. It's obviously heavier (of course!) but also ergonomically worst. Focal ring balanced but somewhat less smooth I'd prefer to. Sharpness is just average, the lens has visible chromatic aberration. Bokeh... hm, lets rate bokeh after more samples from various conditions. According to meter, MFD should be better than its younger brother. Infinity is also better on my Canon EOS, but that's nothing that would be related to quality of the optics.

Harder to focus on something, harder to shoot with overall.

I'm still happy to have this lens though, as a very fine and rich-looking collector's piece. Thus I'm probably keeping both Tele-Tessars.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being photographer's pain in the ass in every possible aspect (ergonomy, not exactly smooth focus ring, sharpness, apparaently no coated at all, light troubles) I am still decided to get some decent results from this lens.

God bless my unlimited access to horses.

Never mind, since I do love my favored sexy rare lens anyway, and I would repeat purchase this funny piece of Third Reich technology without any hesiation Very Happy

Besides, Attila predicted this lens is likely to be so in 2012 Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos.
I would love a lens like that if I could afford it.
Nice looking and nice result.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, was that really so expensive? I initially thought it's a true bargain Very Happy !

Thank you, I do everything I can with...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Hello, was that really so expensive? I initially thought it's a true bargain Very Happy !

Thank you, I do everything I can with...

Too expensive for me. Not too bad of a price though, you are right.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selfportrait with Orestor 135mm, reminds me of a starting rocket with those tubes.

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard! Laughing

Tried the beast with tubes, since it was the craziest thing that came to my mind yesterday. Of course the results was expectably bad, but not as crappy as I predicted.

Actually, bokeh apparently has some bright spots if the scene is prepared wisely.

The worst of the worst is its general softness and probably lack of any coating at all.

Marek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens occured again on European Ebay, who's in, guys? Very Happy
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Carl-Zeiss-Jena-f-Exakta-25cm63-TeleTessar-/351360003035

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope this does not come out as offensive, since intended as joke (i am not totally sure the expression is correct, though the size surely is):
Dude you're really hung now Wink.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing