Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1st shots rokkor 50-135 f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: 1st shots rokkor 50-135 f3.5 Reply with quote

Focal length 50-
135mm
Speed 1:3.5
Minimum focus distance 1.5m
Optical design (elements/groups) 12/10
Filter thread size 55mm
Weight 480g
Introduced 1978
stays the same length when zooming, filter rotates when focusing

fist impressions are its nice and contrasty and sharp enough wide open.. sharper stopped down 1 stop..has nice bokeh for a zoom ..it not as sharp as my 37-70 f3.5 but still nice ..seams to have a good 3D pop, photo below of my uncooperative son has no editing just the raw converted to jpeg and is at F3.5 ..i did think it had some purple fringing around highlights but it not purple but more red and is not removable in LR will show in photo further down

this maybe f5.6

Last edited by davev8app on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: red fringe? Reply with quote

this is the red fringe. will see it in the crop .maybe not the lens but the nex-c3

the red can be seen around the water droplets

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: 1st proper frost of the year UK Reply with quote

more from the rokkor 50-135

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very RED no editing on this one

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples. I especially like the last one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
Nice samples. I especially like the last one.

yes it was not intentional, one of my sons went for my post box handel as i press shutter
...The very 1st photo i think i am just off with the focus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: little bird Reply with quote

this may be a ren..but i don't know maybe some of you twitchers will tell me ..f5.6

crop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. I have this lens but have never used it. It seems to be rather rare as Rokkors go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
Nice shots. I have this lens but have never used it. It seems to be rather rare as Rokkors go.

yes i think it definitely a keeper and a good focal length for a APS as its equivalent to 75 to 200mm..i had not bothered with zooms until i try my MD 35-70 f3.5 macro and was well astounded with its sharpness som photos here from it http://forum.mflenses.com/is-the-rokkor-35-70-f3-5-out-resolving-16mp-t68956.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another one.. this is has fair crop on it but sharp..the seagull is almost out of focus is it was sat on the poll when i focused ..@f5.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite MF zoom lenses for travel. A few more samples with the same lens in my Flickr stream here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one review and tests of Minolta MD 50-135mm F3.5
Strange to say it about zoom, but I like this one because of rendering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody compared the first "Rokkor" version of this lens with the second "plain MD" version? I have the first but the rest of my MD zooms are all plain MD. I'm wondering if there is a reason (apart from a fancy for collectioner's consistency) to change for the second version? ))