Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

is the rokkor 35-70 f3.5 out resolving 16mp
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: is the rokkor 35-70 f3.5 out resolving 16mp Reply with quote

i have not put photos on here before so hope it works 3 photos 1st the complete image, 2nd a crop of the cap,the 3erd is a screenshot after i zoomed in silly ..as i zoom the image dose not go soft it just storts to pixelate on the valve cap 3 or 4 flute in from the left above halfway is a diagonal bit of spider web thats what i zoomed in to on the screen shot ...The lens was at full macro F5.6
Focal length 35-
70mm
Speed 1:3.5
Minimum focus distance 0.8m
Optical design (elements/groups) 8/7
Filter thread size 55mm
Weight 365g
Introduced 1983

Last edited by davev8app on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: is the rokkor 35-70 f3.5 out resolving 16mp Reply with quote

davev8app wrote:
i have not put photos on here before so hope it works 3 photos 1st the complete image, 2nd a crop of the cap,the 3erd is a screenshot after i zoomed in silly ..as i zoom the image dose not go soft it just storts to pixelate on the valve cap 3 or 4 flute in from the left above halfway is a diagonal bit of spider web thats what i zoomed in to on the screen shot ...The lend was at full macro F5.6

Post photos !!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at last dont no why they are side by side but you get the ider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the valve cap is very sharp to say its a postage stamp crop of the main photo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it certainly seems to be resolving very finely.
We are definitely pixel peeping aren't we.
OH Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it did take me a bit by surprise that an old zoom can do this

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some resolution charts for this lens, unfortunately in Japanese:
http://www.pbase.com/kkawakami/image/108415876

More resolution charts and a lot of useful links for old Minolta lenses:
http://www.pbase.com/kkawakami/rokkor_lens_resolutions

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats useful..i did wander which was the best version..here is a non pixel peeping photo again at full macro f5.6 or f8 at 1/125 maybe a little camera shake but this was the best one

forgot to say all photos are from raw files light room 5 with i little boost in clarity and vibrance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit of landscape gardening but it got to wet so i need to finish in the spring...full image and a crop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Leica version can handle 36MP on FF and 24MP on APS-C with no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

mmmm dose that mean i need a camera upgrade? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davev8app wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

mmmm dose that mean i need a camera upgrade? Very Happy

I'd wait till the end of winter, and see what Sony and others have planed, the A9 could be very interesting.
NEX-7

THE PANO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot the turkeys? I did not until a little pixel peeping at home.

_DSC0007 by B Zhou, on Flickr

MD Zoom 35-70mm f/3.5 Macro, on A7. More samples in the same Flickr album, full size available.

Just recently got a copy of the earlier Rokkor version, will test when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice indeed ..i dont know why people do all this shadow lifting and fretting that this or that camera has more DR than another....... if i had an upgrade it will not be new one

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davev8app wrote:
very nice indeed ..i dont know why people do all this shadow lifting and fretting that this or that camera has more DR than another....... if i had an upgrade it will not be new one

Most of those types like to see detail in the shadows, I prefer a full range of tones, inky blacks through to bright highlights.
The extra DR comes in handy to avoid clipping highlights and shadows, a half a stop of DR isn't worth switching bodies for, 2 stops is enough to tempt me, provided ergonomics aren't worse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
davev8app wrote:

Most of those types like to see detail in the shadows, I prefer a full range of tones, inky blacks through to bright highlights.
The extra DR comes in handy to avoid clipping highlights and shadows, a half a stop of DR isn't worth switching bodies for, 2 stops is enough to tempt me, provided ergonomics aren't worse.

yes but the 2 stops are only at base iso.. once a sony chip and a canon chip are used at a few iso settings higher they are both the same..fact Very Happy