Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reading & writing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reading & writing Reply with quote

(C) Cosmin_M

Pentax K100D , Pentax-FA 80-320

PS. Sorry for the man "hidden" on the left side of the picture. In fact the bench has a letter "L" shape.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice and crisp shot!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice snapshot. You don't have to apologize for the man, this is street photography, accidents and imperfections are part of this form of art. Some even say that it's what keeps it alive. I tend to agree.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ! Even if I not like much B&W .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you all.

I convert it in B&W beacuse the pavement was grey anyway. I used Irfanview for greyscale conversion (a added also a little more contrast, I think), resize, all these, after I made a little crop.

Thank you.

All the best.

Cosmin.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that a freeware produces such a good b&w-conversion.
IrfanView is a really recommendable program. Is it still freeware?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you.

LucisPictor wrote:
...Is it still freeware?

Yes, it is. http://www.irfanview.com/
http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10667331.html?tag=lst-0-1

All the best.

Cosmin.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shot, makes me smile. I like this kind of photography and I'm sorry that it has become more and more difficult to do such kind of shots. Everyone on the street is suspicious against photographing, I think we discussed that before.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing about this photo is that it's like an open door.

We don't know the relation between these two figures. Could they be mother and daughter? Sisters? Or simply they are doing similar things on the same bench and that's it?

Usually mother and daughter stay close to each other. They don't. Are they just having their own private time, or does the distance imply a mother-daughter little conflict? Are they just writing/reading, or are they doing different things on purpose?

There is really a story hidden behind photos like these. This is the main reason why I love street photography. You never know what you get. You never know what photographic stories you are going to tell.

On the streets, every shot is a potential story, a potential drama, or a potential joke. All human feelings can be found and recorded on the streets.

_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Michael and Orio:

Yes, that's right. That's why I like street shots as well and why I regret that it gets more and more difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and thank you,

Yes indeed, street photography is not quite easy to make but I whink is one of the photography kind, I like most. The moment capured is unique.
Unfortunately many people (I am talking about Romania here) don't like get photographed and don't understand that not only reporters make photos. There were occasions when I was asked from what newspaper I am from, or if I have a permit (even on public place); not many times, but, didn't felt good. No matter, I wont give up Very Happy .
Until I will finish my gallery, here is my brother's gallery : http://picasaweb.google.com/skym1980 especially "People Situation" subgallery.
You met him here Smile http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=1575
Some subjects you might find familiar. Often we went together for a shooting session (he with digital I with film Smile ).

All the best.

Cosmin.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In digital gallery there are wonderful options particularity found,especially more clarity pictures which enhances the readers attention in all aspects.and if you need more information regarding this,then you could better click here.