Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 70-210mm f3.5 Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Angenieux 70-210mm f3.5 Lens Reply with quote

Angenieux 70-210mm f3.5 + Nikon D600.

Pictures were taken while walking at park this afternoon. @ f3.5:

f3.5, ISO-1600
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20148/big_8065_DSC_4847_copyjpgnamed_1.jpg]
[/url]

f3.5, ISO-2000

@ f5.6, ISO-320, 1/1600 sec.

Last edited by cellotone on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:19 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a lens I wouldn't mind in my bag Smile (but my Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 Kiron doesn't suck either). I think photo #1 makes it shine – the lens looks pretty sharp wide open, and the blurred background looks creamy. My non-pixel-peeping eye can't find any aberrations.

Did you shoot these handheld?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
This is a lens I wouldn't mind in my bag Smile (but my Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 Kiron doesn't suck either). I think photo #1 makes it shine – the lens looks pretty sharp wide open, and the blurred background looks creamy. My non-pixel-peeping eye can't find any aberrations.

Hi, thank you for the nice words... I haven't used it for a while, but it always brings me surprise. The Vivitar Series-1 105/2.5 Macro is the only Vivitar I have, which is a great lens. Have you posted pictures taken with your vivitar 70-210/3.5? I would love to learn it. Smile
Yes, these are hand-held shots. The #3, #4, and #5 ISO was set high (#3-1600, #4 & 5-2000) in order to get the speed. You probably can notice the noise.

Last edited by cellotone on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:21 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellotone wrote:
invisible wrote:

Hi, thank you for the nice words... I haven't used it for a while, but it always brings me surprise. The Vivitar Series-1 105/2.5 Macro is a great lens, that is the only Vivitar I have. Have you posted pictures taken with your vivitar 70-210/3.5? I would love to learn it. Smile
Yes, these are hand-held shots. The last three ISO was set high (#3-1600, #4 & 5-2000) in order to get the speed. You probably can notice the noise.

I haven't posted images taken with my Vivitar 70-210/3.5, but here's a fairly recent thread with samples: http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-series-1-70-210-3-5-ver-1-kiron-t66110.html

I figured these were handheld shots – in particular, your last photo looks either not too sharp as a result of slight motion blur, or the focus was missed, or maybe both... Things that a tripod would have helped prevent. I did not notice the noise though – the D600 has really good high-ISO performance.

If you ever decide to get rid of this lens, let me know Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added one more picture, so the "last one" you referred now is the #5.
I tried to focus at the center of the flower (picture #5). But obviously, it's not clear (seems focused bit back of the center of the flower). Not sure it was my hands was shaking, the flower was weaving because the wind (it was @ f3.5, 1/80 sec.), or the DOF was too narrow... I did take several shoots, they were same. I am somewhat like its nebulosity of the flower, especially the B&W one, so posted it. Smile
I will try to shoot one at relatively narrow aperture and use a tripod next time. Thank you for your advice.
I may sell it when the price gets doubled. Smile LOL!