Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Francesca
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Francesca Reply with quote

Model: Francesca Nannucci
Make-Up Artist: Sandriina Dengu

Photos taken with 5D MkII and Carl Zeiss Planar 1.2/85 and Distagon 1.4/35 Contax lenses (detailed)

1) Planar 1.2/85 - ISO 800/30°, 1/250th sec. shutter time @f/2.8

2) Planar 1.2/85 - ISO 800/30°, 1/250th sec. shutter time @f/2.8

3) Planar 1.2/85 - ISO 800/30°, 1/1000th sec. shutter time @f/1.2

4) Planar 1.2/85 - ISO 800/30°, 1/125th sec. shutter time @f/1.2

5) Planar 1.2/85 - ISO 400/27°, 1/125th sec. shutter time @f/2.8

Thanks for viewing!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! So beautiful eyes she has!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, you really make the model look beautiful

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Excellent! So beautiful eyes she has!!

Thanks Klaus! It was her first time posing for a photographer, not used to act as a model,
So I choosed not to stress her with too many instructions, I simply told her how to stand and
where to look, and I concentrated on the light shape and on making her look beautiful.

patrickh wrote:
Orio, you really make the model look beautiful
patrickh

Thank you Patrick, your comment means that I reached my objective! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done Orio! She did great for a 1st time model!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive Planar 1.2/85 even wide open, perfect light setup, professional result, congrats !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio,
Very natural photos, a nice series. If I had to chose one, I'd be in trouble between #4 and #5. Eacjh one has some strenghts, #4 gives some hidden erotism in the way the model pose, the face expression is great. Good catch, congrats.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last one is my favorite full shape pic, I like your logo may even better Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Very well done Orio! She did great for a 1st time model!!

Thanks Klaus, well, beauty has this advantage over the average person, that you don't have to take skilled poses or wear fashionable
clothes to appeal to the camera, you have only to show yourself as nature made you! Wink
She was very happy with the results, she thanked me a lot many times! I think these young girls (girls in general) always have a
worse perception of their selves than what they really are, and are amazed at how a photographer can show them as beautiful
as they really are.

poilu wrote:
impressive Planar 1.2/85 even wide open, perfect light setup, professional result, congrats !

Thanks poilu, yes, impressive performance of the lens, when I am back home I will post a couple 100% crops.
Lighting was quite simple, shots #1 #2 #3 use two light sources and one panel, shots #4 and #5 only one light and no panel!

Jesito wrote:
Hi Orio,
Very natural photos, a nice series. If I had to chose one, I'd be in trouble between #4 and #5. Eacjh one has some strenghts, #4 gives some hidden erotism in the way the model pose, the face expression is great. Good catch, congrats.

Thank you Jes, I agree #4 is the most intense of all shots! One remarkable characteristic of this girl is that she changes completely
appearance depending if you photograph her frontally or from an angle, but maintaining an appealing look. This is due to her face features
and I find this characteristic, this versatility only in few people, because normal people tend to look simply wrong when photographed
at various angles, not interestingly different and with different mood, as this girl does. Usually I see this quality in pro models only.

Attila wrote:
last one is my favorite full shape pic, I like your logo may even better Smile

Thanks, I am very happy with the last one too! Of course close up pictures are more emotional naturally (you get close to a nice
young lady, impossible not to become emotional!), but I think I managed to keep the same emotion in the full figure shot, and this
is much, much more difficult to obtain! So this shot makes me more proud of the work done.
Incidentally, my professor was doubtful of the light i made, he told me "Are you sure you like this light Orio?" And I replied "Well, I
don't see any bad shadows with it" and went on shooting. Smile In fact I knew in my mind exactly where I wanted to go, I wanted a light centred on the upper half of the figure, with a slow smooth gradient to dark everywhere else. I am sure the professor meant that the light was not lighting the legs well, but I did not want a uniform light, I wanted a smooth gradient lighting such as in Rembrandt paintings.
And with the final result, after Photoshop colour and background treatment, I saw that the professor was fairly impressed and had no criticism any more to make Wink

The logo, thanks, i am happy too Very Happy I made this with my future wedding photographer job in mind Smile
I spent a lot of time and made many failed tentatives before obtaining it, I am sure that a skilled logo designer such as Krisztina
would have done that in no time at all Smile