Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta X-700 MD 35mm f2.8 DM Paradies 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Minolta X-700 MD 35mm f2.8 DM Paradies 200 Reply with quote

2 pictures from home, before I going tomorrow for the holidays on the island of Rügen.

Somewhere in Bavaria von riddance77 auf Flickr

Tree and clouds von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is especially good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good compositions, well thought-out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, never heard of "DM Paradies" though... it's a drugstore (google) so i guess they buy their film from some manufacturer, any idea who that is?

Edit: just seen your other topic! Repacked Kodak!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good! I like them both!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Very nice results, never heard of "DM Paradies" though... it's a drugstore (google) so i guess they buy their film from some manufacturer, any idea who that is?

Kodak!
I'm also using it quite often as it's very cheap and good.
Two samples from last summer: http://forum.mflenses.com/leitz-elmar-c-90-4-kodak-200-t52303,highlight,%2Bleitz.html
From another drugstore chain we also have a Rossmann HR200 (rebranded Fuji 200) which has less grain and is better for analog prints imo but slightly worse for scanning for some reason.

If you wan't some of them I would sell them for 1€ each 135 (36exp) roll no matter how many you want (send PM!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I've seen today that the new DM Paradies are made by Fuji.
I immediately took the last 16 rolls made in USA.

Last edited by riddance77 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From our 7 day trip to Ruegen und Hiddensee.
Unfortunately it rained often. Sad

Last 2 with the MD 75-150mm

Dornbusch Lighthouse on Hiddensee, a small car-free island in the Baltic Sea.

For more information > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiddensee

Lighthouse Dornbusch, Hiddensee 1 von riddance77 auf Flickr

Lighthouse Dornbusch, Hiddensee 2 von riddance77 auf Flickr

Lighthouse Dornbusch, Hiddensee 3 von riddance77 auf Flickr

Lighthouse Dornbusch, Hiddensee 4 von riddance77 auf Flickr

Last edited by riddance77 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples, nice shots! They show the excellent quality of the Minolta zooms imho (yes i love them too)! Well done! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, I just noticed that it was a Kodak Ektar 100 Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again real DM Paradies Embarassed

Munich Street 18 von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddance77 wrote:
Unfortunately, I've seen today that the new DM heaven are made by Fuji.
I immediately took the last 16 rolls made in USA.

The film they sell in our local DM still says on the box "made in USA" (I assume that means it's from Kodak). Probably because it's been on the shelves for a long time and nobody buys it anymore. It costs 6€ for a pack of four but it used to be 4€. Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy new year!!!

Christmas holiday season is archive time Very Happy

Two more from the summer holidays.

Minolta X-700, Minolta MD 35mm f2.8

Boat on beach (Baltic resort Goehren, Ruegen) von riddance77 auf Flickr

Minolta X-700, Minolta MD 75-150mm f4

Sailboat on the way to Hiddensee von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All nice. I love the light house.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron.

Another one...

Minolta X-700, Minolta MD 35mm f2.8

Moenchgut Beach (Goehren, Ruegen) von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Which version of the MD 2,8/35 do you have? MD plain or MD Rokkor?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great shots you have there, Riddance. And a cool old classic camera, too. I've always found the X700's ergonomics to be just about perfect for my right hand.

Anymore these days, Fuji is producing their Superia type only in ISO 200. I haven't tried any of their 200 yet, but I really don't like Superia 400. I find that it is way too grainy for my tastes. Still have a couple of rolls left over from a pack of it I bought from Costco five years ago. Here in the US we have a dollar store chain called "99 Cents Only" stores. I guess it's been a couple of years now, but for a few months they had some ISO 200 film called "Memories." I bought a roll and tried it out. It had a noticeable yellow shift that was easy to correct in post, grain was minimal, sharpness and saturation were good. So I went back and bought another 10 rolls of it. It was made in Japan so I knew it was Fuji, and after some research I was able to determine it was the old Fujicolor. Because of my bad experiences with Superia 400, I was suspicious of Superia 200. Superia in my mind is not superior. It is a noticeable step backward.

So upon rereading your posts, it appears you didn't buy any of the Fuji? Just now I conducted a bit of research via google on the topic of "which is better, Kodak gold 200 or Fuji superia 200?" Several of the of the comparisons I found commented on the dull warm colors of the kodak product and the brightness of the Superia, plus its tight grain. Huh. That's a surprise. So you know what? You might want to give some of that Japanese made cheapo film a try. It might be better than you thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Some great shots you have there, Riddance. And a cool old classic camera, too. I've always found the X700's ergonomics to be just about perfect for my right hand.

Anymore these days, Fuji is producing their Superia type only in ISO 200. I haven't tried any of their 200 yet, but I really don't like Superia 400. I find that it is way too grainy for my tastes. Still have a couple of rolls left over from a pack of it I bought from Costco five years ago. Here in the US we have a dollar store chain called "99 Cents Only" stores. I guess it's been a couple of years now, but for a few months they had some ISO 200 film called "Memories." I bought a roll and tried it out. It had a noticeable yellow shift that was easy to correct in post, grain was minimal, sharpness and saturation were good. So I went back and bought another 10 rolls of it. It was made in Japan so I knew it was Fuji, and after some research I was able to determine it was the old Fujicolor. Because of my bad experiences with Superia 400, I was suspicious of Superia 200. Superia in my mind is not superior. It is a noticeable step backward.

So upon rereading your posts, it appears you didn't buy any of the Fuji? Just now I conducted a bit of research via google on the topic of "which is better, Kodak gold 200 or Fuji superia 200?" Several of the of the comparisons I found commented on the dull warm colors of the kodak product and the brightness of the Superia, plus its tight grain. Huh. That's a surprise. So you know what? You might want to give some of that Japanese made cheapo film a try. It might be better than you thought.

What you are using is probably Fuji C200, if Superia 200 wasn't a better film, then for years photographers have been ripped off buying more expensive Superia 200.....if there is no difference.
Although I haven't tried the latest Kodak films, I would say Superia 200 is one of the best general purpose films you can buy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C200 is good stuff, only difference to Superia I have noticed is the colours, where Superia has those very strong reds and greens, C200 is more balanced. I think C200 looks more natural.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this tree on the beach near of the place from the last image.

Minolta X-700, Minolta MD 35mm f2.8, DM Paradies 200, Plustek OpticFilm 7400

Tree von riddance77 auf Flickr