Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CONTAX G BIOGON: great conversion to leica M mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: CONTAX G BIOGON: great conversion to leica M mount Reply with quote

so i got this awesome biogon 28/2.8, one of the great wides of all time, in what i think is a seamless conversion. its rangefinder coupled and of course can be used on any mirrorless camera with adapter. the results are stunning, typical zeiss resolution and 3d, and virtually no distortion. take a look at the below results and tell me what you think. btw, check out the resolution on the shot of my dog--that is just shy of a 100% crop!

now, truth is i'm selling this lens, though its almost perfect, here: http://forum.mflenses.com/ziessbiotarbiogonsonnar-rokkor20-2-8-konica-24-2-8-and-100-t58102.html
reason is i am committed to my gxr m mount and I've decided i want the konica 21/35mm dual FL rangefinder lens. its one of the only 'zoom' rf lenses, and the FLs make it perfect for me to use everyday, and i just cant afford to keep 2 expensive 'everyday' lenses. if youre interested in this fabulous lens, please let me know.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous lens, many people dream , I like last one best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks attila. the lens is everything they say it is, and is easily the best IQ m mount lens i have used. i am also very happy with the conversion. to look at it or use it i cannot tell it was ever worked on.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it same optical design as actual Biogon 28/2.8 ZM?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly im not sure. orio would be the best person to address this to. while i believe its the case, i have heard a tad dissatisfaction from some re the ZM, while ive never heard anything but praise for this contax G version. and btw i'm selling this version for several hundred less than the ZM sells for!
tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a wonderful lens.
Here you can see the design: http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/Biogon2.8_28mm_e/$File/Biogon2.8_28mm_e.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony -
I've just picked up one of these lenses in Contax G mount.

Could you tell me who performed the conversion to M mount for you?
Was it JIEYING-USA who advertises on eBay?

How happy were you with the manual focus after the conversion?
Is it smooth, or notchy? Is there any damping to the focus action, or is it loose?

Might go down this path myself.
Thanks! T

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes T that is the guy. i was incredibly happy with him in every aspect, most importantly the quality of the conversion. i had both the 28 and 45 and both looked, felt and performed excellently. the focus throw is very short and there is no distance scale, which ultimatelly was something i didnt want to deal with. but the results were great from my pov.