Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pieta as seen by Meyer Helioplan 40mm - in 3D stereo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Pieta as seen by Meyer Helioplan 40mm - in 3D stereo Reply with quote

Shot at f5.6 at a late sunny autumn day...

(cross eye stereo)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisp and clean with excellent contrast.
Great lens - thanks for sharing this
Not half bad - as a Pieta I would give the sculpture a little less than 50 % - there just seems to be something missing ...... Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it looks like the hands were deliberatly missing,
but never found info about that...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Always a good excuse to train my cross-eye capabilities (and it worked like a charm although for 3D purposes I would like them a little bigger Wink).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks, it looks like the hands were deliberatly missing,
but never found info about that...

Not just the hands Klaus ......
there is a whole body missing if this is the Pieta ........
Beautiful photograph by the way.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee, yes, must have fallen out of hands... Laughing

Larger ones are here (amongst others):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157636751547413/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems i can't see the 3d as I've never been able to see any autostereogram Confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find with 3D images like this the cross-eye method is much easier to achieve if you back away from your monitor or zoom out in the browser window to make smaller.

The images are flipped aren't they? The background is jumping forward and the statue falling back. Pretty cool effect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they don 't, something must be wrong with your viewing method.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

significantimagery wrote:
I find with 3D images like this the cross-eye method is much easier to achieve if you back away from your monitor or zoom out in the browser window to make smaller.

The images are flipped aren't they? The background is jumping forward and the statue falling back. Pretty cool effect.

You are diverging your eyes rather can converging them. Divergence is the method you use to view those mystery images that have patterns. You must get closer, cross your eyes and look at the middle one. Soon you will be able to focus them while crosseyed.