Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

mist, marsh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: mist, marsh Reply with quote

Hexanon 28mm f/3.5 at f/8

1)

2)

3)

Usually I wish my landscapes could convey the babble of the brook, the breeze in my face, the smell of the woods. Well in this case you'll be pleased that I can't communicate the smell of the swamp Shocked Confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: mist, marsh Reply with quote

Nice work. Have you consider to tone down the warmth of the colour temperature?
I know that warm colour landscapes feel nice, but it really depends on what you are showing. Since here
the protagonist is the mist, a cooler kelvin temperature would help the photos, because the cooler the colours,
the more dimensional the image (cool colours enhance the perception of distance)

fuzzywuzzy wrote:

Usually I wish my landscapes could convey the babble of the brook, the breeze in my face, the smell of the woods. Well in this case you'll be pleased that I can't communicate the smell of the swamp Shocked Confused

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: mist, marsh Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice work. Have you consider to tone down the warmth of the colour temperature?
I know that warm colour landscapes feel nice, but it really depends on what you are showing. Since here
the protagonist is the mist, a cooler kelvin temperature would help the photos, because the cooler the colours,
the more dimensional the image (cool colours enhance the perception of distance)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to do some reading and thinking about creative WB.

The more intense blue of the sky certainly accentuates the mist but the fall grass retains plenty of warm colour.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you have a bit exaggerated the saturation of blues, but still this way looks a 100 times better than what you posted before!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like number 3. And you've reminded me of a nearby location I'd forgotten about.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another foggy morning in the same spot, this time with Mir 20M. At f/8 or so.

The autumn colours in the background are so muted it seemed best to get rid of colour altogether..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mist and B&W seem to go so well together...nice image.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the B&W shot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the first three and the BW one.

I have to disagree, the edited, more blue version is, to my eyes, far inferior to the original.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 1st version of the 1st image best.

To each his/her own.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the color tone of the first image, far better than the blueish corrected wb.
also the last bw from mir. very nice.