Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 50mm 1.8 8 element, adapter for nikon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Takumar 50mm 1.8 8 element, adapter for nikon Reply with quote

Hi, I the first version of the Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 which has 8 lens elements and is i believe a very sort after lens.

I have had this in my cupboard for over 15 years after being given some cameras and lenses, this was on Spotmatic which has a struck battery cover so was never used.

I dug this and the lenses out when i got my XE-1 to use with a converter, i also got a converter to use them on my nikon D700.

This lens works great on my XE-1, but does not work with the Nikon adaptor as the rear element bumps up against the glass in the adaptor.

I also believe it will not work with the Spotmatic i have as it not the modified version to work with this lens.

Does anyone know of an adaptor that i can use with this lens on a Nikon?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glass adapter will degrade the quality of the lens. You can try to use a simple glassless adapter which is very cheap but it will allow you to focus only to very short distance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
Glass adapter will degrade the quality of the lens. You can try to use a simple glassless adapter which is very cheap but it will allow you to focus only to very short distance.

I believe that without the correct glass you can't focus to infinity?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:

+1

Really it's a collector item. Be carefull with it. It's prone to have fungus at the rear element (and scratches too).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpman wrote:
dimitrygo wrote:

Correct

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
carpman wrote:
dimitrygo wrote:

Correct

But what if want to focus to infinity?

Seems it would be best to have one adaptor with no glass and one with, which leaves where i started which adaptor to get for this lens?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
dimitrygo wrote:

+1

Really it's a collector item. Be carefull with it. It's prone to have fungus at the rear element (and scratches too).

Thanks for the info, yes seems it is a bit of classic lens Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW it works fine on any Spotmatic. It's the early H... and S... cameras which might have a problem with the protruding back element. The color of the R on the rewind crank will tell you if the lens can safely be used on a pre-Spotmatic camera.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be glad to take it of your hands for reasonable price if you cannot use it. Just shoot me an PM. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
BTW it works fine on any Spotmatic. It's the early H... and S... cameras which might have a problem with the protruding back element. The color of the R on the rewind crank will tell you if the lens can safely be used on a pre-Spotmatic camera.

Mine is Spotmatic SP with green R, think it needs to be red?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAART wrote:
I will be glad to take it of your hands for reasonable price if you cannot use it. Just shoot me an PM. Wink

Lol will put you at the top of the que Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpman wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Mine is Spotmatic SP with green R, think it needs to be red?

ANY Spotmatic SP is safe with the 8-element Super Takumar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just use it on your XE-1 till you get a FF mirrorless, I myself have an A7R on order.