Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Underdog? No, It's A Wonderdog!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Underdog? No, It's A Wonderdog! Reply with quote

The poor man's Tessar.

As always, this lens continues to amaze me. The crisp edges, the bokeh, the rendition of true colors - the "underdog" Industar is one of the true bargains. It looks so weird on my 35mm SLR! Like a little snub nosed toy lens. But it just keeps on rolling along with always good results.

Times have certainly changed. As I was shooting the tip of the Sword Fern, a young lad asked me "where's the screen"? I pointed to my head and said, "right here". Very Happy

I'll process a few more from this little wonder soon.

Revueflex 3003
Industar 50/3.5
11mm extension tube
Fuji Provia
Scanned with V700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Great capture!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FANTASTIC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Framing. That lens is really good considering at this resolution I can see all the "hairy" parts pretty clear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Underdog? No, It's A Wonderdog! Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
The poor man's Tessar.

As always, this lens continues to amaze me. The crisp edges, the bokeh, the rendition of true colors - the "underdog" Industar is one of the true bargains. It looks so weird on my 35mm SLR! Like a little snub nosed toy lens. But it just keeps on rolling along with always good results.

Times have certainly changed. As I was shooting the tip of the Sword Fern, a young lad asked me "where's the screen"? I pointed to my head and said, "right here". Very Happy

I'll process a few more from this little wonder soon.

Revueflex 3003
Industar 50/3.5
11mm extension tube

Fuji Provia
Scanned with V700

Loved the bit about 'where's the screen' as I shoot film quite often and people look at me like I am an ancient neanderthal! They proudly show me their compact digital and tell me where that's where the future is!

I don't tell them about my 3 rangefinder, 2 medium format, 17 35mm slr and 3 digital slr cameras as that would spoil their sense of superiority? lol

By the way great shot - gotta get me one of those right now....zooooming off to ebay to feed the addiction!

Doug

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shot!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shot Laurence
Seems you are able to win on every challenge
Green on green are not the easiest and you do it brilliant
I don't think the k110d could get the shot to this level

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Underdog? No, It's A Wonderdog! Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:

The other day I was shooting with the Praktica MTL 5B (not a very modern camera), some portraits of my friens. After every portrait I said to them "Look at you. you look great!" by pointing to the camera's back. Every one of them looked at it expecting to find the little LCD display. Laughing Laughing Laughing

We are too much in the digital era! Razz

By the way, Laurence, I like a lot this plant, it's very interesting. What's its name?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very very nice!