Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 135 / 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 135 / 2.8 Reply with quote

This is a lens I always wanted, it's a cheap and cheerful lens and there's plenty to be found. So a good one for £5 was hard to resist.
Today I got to try it, the day was grey and dull so I was shooting at ISO800 on the Sony NEX5, mostly mounted on a monopod.
None of the pictures are post processed at all, just resized. Most pictures were shot between f5.6 and f2.8

It's a lovely lens to use, I can see me using this a great deal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good copy. A fiver in that condition is a steal, congrats.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a while back, i sold my copy NO.8484228 and regretted it ever since Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good buy....and know what you mean when you say "always wanted" as I remember seeing a shot taken with a Hoya 135mm f2.8 and it had very good pop, so I wanted to try it and got one (well it was a free gift from a member). Well it's a good lens but haven't got any pop shots from it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop is far more about subject and aperture than the lens. Even the humble Tessar 2.8/50 can produce strong pop in the right circumstances.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rare bargain in what is rapidly becoming a frustratingly overpriced world. Congrats, a preset for peanuts! My fave 135mm, keep the samples coming Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice iq.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit low contrast for my taste, but bokeh is nice and smoooth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Pop is far more about subject and aperture than the lens. Even the humble Tessar 2.8/50 can produce strong pop in the right circumstances.

...but a 135mm lens should give you more chance of pop as it isolates the background more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

...but a 135mm lens should give you more chance of pop as it isolates the background more.

No, not at all, wide angles can produce pop, it's not as simple as that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh seems very nice on some of the pictures. Really 3D.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Laughing The debate about pop, 3d in depth and bokeh will never end...but I did say "chance" and IMO some lenses are better than others (and it's not always the price)....anyway who knows someone from Zeiss might see our few posts and give you a decent debate. Wink