Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clearing thorium yellowing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want me to say? Like I said, it worked for me and still does. You are welcome to visit me anytime you like and see for yourself! Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is well known some 1:1.4/50 Super-TAKUMAR yellowing clears completely while others clear to various degrees and some not at all.

I had 5 of these. Two cleared completely. Two partially. One no effect.

I used Skylight which has lots of uv and blue.

So having one Minolta clear and another example no effect is no great mystery. The mystery is why? Perhaps length of time left yellowed affects ability to clear. Perhaps a variation in glass formula. Who knows?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely it's the glass - depending on the UV cutoff of the glass it can let anywhere from all to none of the required wavelength through.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord, Wonder Lens, give it a rest.
Whether it works for you or not, it's not conclusive.

You're fighting against what doesn't work for you.
If it doesn't work, find something else.
Stop beating this this dead horse; you're only
repeating yourself.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps sunlight treatment will clear your lens Wonder Lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

https://www.google.com/search?q=ikea+led+thorium+lens+yellow&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4118603

http://forum.mflenses.com/mc-rokkor-si-28mm-f-2-5-radioactive-repair-attem-t76092.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/fast-lens-de-yellowing-without-a-uv-lamp-t68896.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/you-can-use-any-ikea-led-for-yellow-glass-treatment-t69095.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-550d-and-super-takumar-50mm-f1-4-t37601.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/291674-ikea-lamp-takumar-lens.html

https://mbphotox.wordpress.com/2015/09/25/removing-the-color-cast-in-radioactive-lenses-results/

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proof you ask for is shown in at least two of the linked pages provided above.

Some yellowed Minolta 1:2.5/28 clear with IKEA led lamp; some do not.

At this point unknown is if lens that is not cleared by IKEA lamp can be cleared another way.

I've never seen any proof uv light is required, regardless almost universal assumptions.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Lens wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
The proof you ask for is shown in at least two of the linked pages provided above.

Some yellowed Minolta 1:2.5/28 clear with IKEA led lamp; some do not.

At this point unknown is if lens that is not cleared by IKEA lamp can be cleared another way.

I've never seen any proof uv light is required, regardless almost universal assumptions.

"The PROOF is Shown and it's UNKNOWN" seriously?

Did you conduct the experiment, "no". Do you want to challenge me, "yes". Please participate in the experiment or just continue trolling and picking arguments?

SCIENCE REQUIRES COMPLETE STRANGERS TO DUPLICATE EXPERIMENTS "in order" TO CONFIRM THE EXPERIMENT ACTUALLY WORKS

If this offends you, or you are offended by being challenged,....than you are not scientific minded

I know the LED used, the DC converter, and integrated regulator on the LED board, the nature and characteristics of that particular LED and it's capable spectrum which...btw, no where did I say uv was required or necessary and based on you universally agreeing with the hearsay you read...who's assuming again?

The troll, like they all do

It works for some people; not for others. For some lenses not for other examples of same lens.

You are welcome to your opinion about the unknown. I don't understand given so many reports, some of success, some of failure.

I keep open mind.

There is some question of trolling mflenses under multiple user names. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Lens wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

It works for some people; not for others. For some lenses not for other examples of same lens.

You are welcome to your opinion about the unknown. I don't understand given so many reports, some of success, some of failure.

I keep open mind.

There is some question of trolling mflenses under multiple user names. Smile

"It works for some, not for some" That is not proof of anything, it's more a warning to the wise that it doesn't work in nature? Logically speaking, people in general have no real motivation to say something did not work and it's far more probable (in general) for people to boast or exaggerate, including making false claims and hype. Still this is meaningless because it's all "hearsay" anyway, hardly factual so it has no bearing. Actually being involved and committed with a record of continual reporting, including results and images? 15 second posted comment never to be seen or heard from again ? That counts? That's a credible effort applied? So no effort counts equally to long drawn out hard efforts? Lending credibility I believe has a heck of a lot more to with than making broad assumptions everyone is correct?

I do understand this, far too few people invested a dime in trying and way too many people commented that haven't invested a nickel

Having questions is one thing, but choosing to believe a side in this without being practically involved or invested is pretty ludacris logic I can't comprehend

"There is some question of trolling mflenses under multiple user names"

I do not understand the nature or intent of this comment? You have entered into a discussion and taken a side against someone without participating or being involved in this matter , that's exactly a TROLL = you. If you had a lens and lamp, conducted an experiment and shown something to illustrate your involvement to at least appear credible, I wouldn't question you. However you just jumped in so how is that fair to people (regardless of their results) who are and were committed and involved? How does you coming to one sides rescue with your opinion and no commitment or involvement fair to others who had no success? I really don't understand your participation in this discussion? All you are is an echo machine....repeating the hearsay of others as if your agreeing with them lends credibly to them?

So who is the troll, troll?

You

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Lens wrote:
Hype, smells like it I don't need to taste it to be sure - Bullshit enjoy your bullshit made in China plagiarizer that attacks and steals, discontempt IN MISSOURI WE HAVE A NAME

Allow me to sum it up for you:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Lens wrote:
I have since tried

Hexanon 50 f/1.4 ....no change

Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 ... no change

Minolta 28mm f/2.5 .... little change but only slight after 30 days of hard core application and a switch to a UV LED grow light

Yashica ML 50mm f/1.7 ....no change

Of the 4 above, the Minolta was the darker and required the longest application of lamp treatment. Not until after 30 days (with elements removed) and trying a LED Grow light as opposed to the Jansjo lamp did I see any "lightening" of the yellow.

I'm not going to subject pets, children, neighbors, or any living person to "invisible and undetectable" UV c rays?

I believe in many cases people are using dual treatment sources to create the illusion that this Jansjo lamp works; this includes "shopping" results as well in other cases. The problem with attacking me for saying this ...is this; "none" of the people claiming this works have done it in a controlled environment (including me). They can "say" anything they choose, but all any of us are doing is "talking" with no support. It doesn't make my findings right, they were not controlled or supervised. It doesn't mean the people claiming this works right either though..... the stupidest thing I've heard yet is from Visualopins, but he has an apparent mental absorption involving me and stupid is as stupid does, you can't fix stupid?

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3019506
(the OP of this thread presents himself as an authority and then discredits himself regarding his observations involving "grow lights" and UV light destroying plants and essentially saying plants only require infrared...)

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-101883.html
(an excellent thread for those who don't selectively retain the information they prefer only? Within the thread is a clear explanation regarding the "intensity" required to achieve clearing and the dangers in performing that. Scientifically explains why the Jansjo Lamp is complete "horse crap" and the people claiming it works apparently like that diet ...?)

There's also the possibility of what coatings are? Multiple coatings or multiple layers, does not mean a batch of some material was applied over and over, it includes multiple layers of multiple materials, for multiple reasons. Elements in these "mysterious" coatings can actually yellow over time by being exposed to UV..... the opposite of what is reported here commonly.

I've tried the Jansjo light, I did not discover anything after 30 plus days (still trying btw) of attempting this at home in a non-controlled environment involving 4 lenses with varying degrees of "yellowness", I put in a heck of a lot of effort in hopes of seeing this work, I am withstanding the grade school heckler in Visualopins who walks around beating people in the head with his hammer of stupidity for disagreeing with him and then enlist people in his cause army ...because it's so important that this does work to him?

It was important to me, I actually tried it and unfortunately it did not work even though I hoped it did. So I report my findings and become the target of a stalker who thinks using political tactics changes anything?

"if you want to completely waste your time and efforts, try this big fake fix that does not work at all and believe the bullies who attack other people in order to uphold the big lie they are broadcasting ..... to look like ? That's a good question.... to me they look like bullshit artist now, before I discovered what I did I thought they were credible, once?"

Something about posting 6000 times in just few years, man that is a lot of time spent posting isn't it? At first you think ...

"boy, how much time having a job, a family, a life and all that takes up...where does someone find that much time to post that much? Then do photography and study it..... then I thought....this is more incredible, where did someone not only get that time to post so much but just imagine how much time and effort it required to go read all those other post people made in order to form your own post like Visualpins does? He most read 30 or 40 thousand post a year?

Nice thing about this experiment, it requires no maintenance or time consuming efforts and I can just check in periodically, as opposed to checking post every 5 minutes of every day to see how I can discredit someone for having a different view regarding a completely bullshit fix in an Ikea Lamp made in China ?

Anyone could have posted competent, appreciated, and well received information here but if they promote something stupid like this Jansjo Lamp bullshit and go to such lengths to uphold it? It puts into question about everything there ever provided. Using the fact you were credible once as a defense now?

Pro Jansjo Lamp = Not Credible

No Science No Market No Support

Just Hype, if it looks like it, sounds like it, and smells like it I don't need to taste it to be sure - Bullshit on the Jansjo Lamp made in China sold by Ikea

Of course, if you like being in bed with Visualopuney the Stalker? That's your call and enjoy your bullshit, he has plenty to share ....a complete nothing plagiarizer that attacks and steals, provides nothing on his own except his own discontempt

@moderatotr:

Please move this personal attack to the Dive Bar.