Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta X-700 MD 50mm f1.7 Agfa APX 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Minolta X-700 MD 50mm f1.7 Agfa APX 100 Reply with quote

Rodinal 1:50 13 Min.

The tribune von riddance77 auf Flickr

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can take off car , it will be much nicer, damn cars everywhere in good frames Sad

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If you can take off car , it will be much nicer, damn cars everywhere in good frames Sad

Have to agree with Attila. Everything else about the composition is great.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one! I didn't see the car at first but thanks to Attila I could find it on a second sight Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tell me how I can remove a foreign car without keys, I'll do it next time Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddance77 wrote:
If you tell me how I can remove a foreign car without keys, I'll do it next time Twisted Evil

Texture is not difficult behind car , photoshop is key.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's possible to clone out the car with some work. B&W helps a lot in this regard (you can "borrow" textures from anywhere...)

However, there's also another possibility, i.e. to just crop it off. I think the image would be more emotional if you crop it at the column just before the car.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
riddance77 wrote:

Right Attila, but I don't shot film to edit digital with photoshop later.
Except to remove some dust Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
However, there's also another possibility, i.e. to just crop it off. I think the image would be more emotional if you crop it at the column just before the car.

Then the man with the mobile phone would be gone.
Just the 3 groups make the picture interesting.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the black man means much for the image. I think that the theme of the image is the group of people vs. the old man alone.
In my opinion, a squadre format and leaving out car and black man creates an image that is more emotional, also classic in format, and compositionally more effective
because you have both the lonely man and the group of people on the same diagonal:

Let me know if you don't want this crop to be shown, I will remove it.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddance77 wrote:
Attila wrote:
riddance77 wrote:

Typical mistake, to shoot on film don't have to be purist , film shoots was retouch in past with brush and paint , today you can scan them in digital process I see no point to not make best from it if possible with Photoshop. I see only one point most people can't use it and not willing to learn, photography not only shoot and publish, processing is included even on film.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
riddance77 wrote:
Attila wrote:
riddance77 wrote:

Typical mistake, to shoot on film don't have to be purist , film shoots was retouch in past with brush and paint , today you can scan them in digital process I see no point to not make best from it if possible with Photoshop. I see only one point most people can't use it and not willing to learn, photography not only shoot and publish, processing is included even on film.

Totally agree nothing wrong with pp analogue photos, has been done for years and it can be done with mouse and keyboard

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be different: I like the portion of the car showing. It suggests wealth, in contrast to most of the human subjects, plus the old man is looking at it, which holds it all together.