Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina Cosinon 55 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Cosina Cosinon 55 1.4 Reply with quote

Hi folks
My new m42 lens Cosina Cosinon 55 1.4 Im so surprised to lens rear element is plane. Not convex or concav
@f 1.4 has some CA
@f2 sharpness is enough satisfying for me
Photo taken @f2

and %100 crop

Last edited by mustangfa on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a keeper for sure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp.
Cosina did produce some very good lenses.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had multiply times this lens, I confirm it is a great one , rear element solution common on fast lenses like this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several versions of this lens, single-coated and MC, all-metal and rubberized focusing grip. All behave similarly, and all are pretty decent performers, especially for portraiture wide open and at f/2. Flare resistance is low in all of them including MC.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely,even though there is ample evidence of excellence in Cosina lenses, when it comes to discussing Cosina-made Vivitars, opinions are often adverse.

This one is certainly an excellent lens.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Strangely,even though there is ample evidence of excellence in Cosina lenses, when it comes to discussing Cosina-made Vivitars, opinions are often adverse.

Cosina built some excellent, some good, some average, and some mediocre glass. For example, if you compare its plastic-fantastic 100/3.5 Macro with Voigtlander-branded (but built by Cosina) 125/2.5 Macro, you'll see both sides of the spectrum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastic fantastic 100mm f3.5 macro made by Cosina is really a great lens if you manage to get past the fact that the barrel is plastic. Hands down my favorite macro on mirrorless.