Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina Cosinon 55 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Cosina Cosinon 55 1.4 Reply with quote

Hi folks
My new m42 lens Cosina Cosinon 55 1.4 Im so surprised to lens rear element is plane. Not convex or concav
@f 1.4 has some CA
@f2 sharpness is enough satisfying for me
Photo taken @f2

and %100 crop

Last edited by mustangfa on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a keeper for sure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sharp.
Cosina did produce some very good lenses.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had multiply times this lens, I confirm it is a great one , rear element solution common on fast lenses like this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several versions of this lens, single-coated and MC, all-metal and rubberized focusing grip. All behave similarly, and all are pretty decent performers, especially for portraiture wide open and at f/2. Flare resistance is low in all of them including MC.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely,even though there is ample evidence of excellence in Cosina lenses, when it comes to discussing Cosina-made Vivitars, opinions are often adverse.

This one is certainly an excellent lens.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Strangely,even though there is ample evidence of excellence in Cosina lenses, when it comes to discussing Cosina-made Vivitars, opinions are often adverse.

Cosina built some excellent, some good, some average, and some mediocre glass. For example, if you compare its plastic-fantastic 100/3.5 Macro with Voigtlander-branded (but built by Cosina) 125/2.5 Macro, you'll see both sides of the spectrum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastic fantastic 100mm f3.5 macro made by Cosina is really a great lens if you manage to get past the fact that the barrel is plastic. Hands down my favorite macro on mirrorless.