Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Varexon EEK 35mm f:2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Varexon EEK 35mm f:2,8 Reply with quote

I bought from Mark (MACS) , a http://forum.manualfocus.org/ member a 35mm lens. Its a Varexon EEK 35mm f:2.8 lens with K Pentax mount. I need it as a normal lens (~52mm) on digital, but saturday I used it on film as well.
Its quite unsual and different from the M42 Flektogon 35mm f:2.4.
Unlike the Flek has minimum focusing distance 0.7 m and not 0.25 m and it reaches infinity after 10 m not 3 I think in the case of the Flek (my former 35mm, Meyer Primagon was ~6m). So it behaves in this aspect almost like a 50mm lens.
I'll post some shots made on the digital, yesterday.
A minus I saw is the filter thread which is not a 49mm but a 52mm, so now I don't have a cap for it (I bought it without front cap and used the cap from the Pentax kit zoom lens which has the same 52mm filter thread).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let see result, I not expect good quality I hope I am wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here they are: (used aperture f:2.8 or f:5.6)

I'll know the potential of this lens after I'll see the shots made on film.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't seem too bad.
I once had a Varexon lens, a "Super Varexon 3.5/200" and this was a nice lens, not as good as the Jupiter-21 or the Telear-N 200 but I liked it a lot. It just had to go, because after I got the other two 200mm lenses, I did not use it anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not bad at all, above average.