Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Varexon EEK 35mm f:2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Varexon EEK 35mm f:2,8 Reply with quote

I bought from Mark (MACS) , a http://forum.manualfocus.org/ member a 35mm lens. Its a Varexon EEK 35mm f:2.8 lens with K Pentax mount. I need it as a normal lens (~52mm) on digital, but saturday I used it on film as well.
Its quite unsual and different from the M42 Flektogon 35mm f:2.4.
Unlike the Flek has minimum focusing distance 0.7 m and not 0.25 m and it reaches infinity after 10 m not 3 I think in the case of the Flek (my former 35mm, Meyer Primagon was ~6m). So it behaves in this aspect almost like a 50mm lens.
I'll post some shots made on the digital, yesterday.
A minus I saw is the filter thread which is not a 49mm but a 52mm, so now I don't have a cap for it (I bought it without front cap and used the cap from the Pentax kit zoom lens which has the same 52mm filter thread).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let see result, I not expect good quality I hope I am wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here they are: (used aperture f:2.8 or f:5.6)

I'll know the potential of this lens after I'll see the shots made on film.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't seem too bad.
I once had a Varexon lens, a "Super Varexon 3.5/200" and this was a nice lens, not as good as the Jupiter-21 or the Telear-N 200 but I liked it a lot. It just had to go, because after I got the other two 200mm lenses, I did not use it anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not bad at all, above average.