Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Retina IIa Type 016 Retina-Xenon 2/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Kodak Retina IIa Type 016 Retina-Xenon 2/50mm Reply with quote

vivitar on retina by Nesster, on Flickr

Retina-Xenon 2/50mm

05970026 lil by Nesster, on Flickr
Fuji 400H

Stopsign Satori by Nesster, on Flickr
unrecorded film

_3A_0004 by Nesster, on Flickr
unrecorded film

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These shots really show off the wonderful qualities of this old classic. I think it is still my most often used film camera (since about 1976, My grandfathers) That portrait shot really does it for me Smile I like the pic with the Viv flash too Smile I hate to admit I use my Cactus v5's with mine for off camera flash It looks really odd Smile just remember o put a piece of tape on the shoe to insulate the contacts !

Eric

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, my IIa froze one day, I had planned to use it all day in Manhattan. Luckily I had my Yashica T4 and could transfer film to it instead. From what I've read, the frame advance is the weak spot, and there's something that gets deformed, making it an expensive repair. One day I'll find me another IIa

wet bricks a path straight not narrow by Nesster, on Flickr

The IIc has the advance on the bottom of the camera, and its 2.8 lens is contrastier than the f/2 on the IIa. So I'll make do Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenon, you need not to add any words after that Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some shots on poor film by a poor shooter:

Superia 400, developed and scanned at my local London Drugs store: it's a Buick of some sort (f8 ):

Also Superia 400, indoor shot - I confess I didn't take this one as that's me in it. User was a first-timer with a rangefinder, film of any sort and I think photography in general (yes, her shot is better than my face - I think I told her to shoot it wide open):

One last one with Superia-400, though this one was scanned at home (f8 ):

And finally, Kodak Portra 160NC, scanned at home too (f8 on a tripod):

Enjoy - all C&C welcomed.