Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A heavyweight CZJ Triotar f/4 13.5 cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: A heavyweight CZJ Triotar f/4 13.5 cm Reply with quote

I just couldn't pass this Click here to see on Ebay by -- a triplet in shiny chrome plated brass. Well, still another 135, but I didn't have a coated triplet, did I, and this lens is supposed to be pretty good, sharp with a nice bokeh to boot. It will be very interesting to compare this Triotar both with the IQ heavyweights, CZ and Leitz, and with the Oldies, Cooke and Dagor.

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to your result, I expect from this Triotar a similar performance to that of the Meyer Trioplan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mint copy from this lens. It has M42 mount looks working right , but I can reach focus only from 1,5-1,7m from my camera body. Before and after non focused.I never tested because it has this defect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I'm looking forward to your result, I expect from this Triotar a similar performance to that of the Meyer Trioplan.

I'll test the lens as soon as it arrives and the weather permits. It is also interesting see how much it differs from the front cell focusing 4.5/105 Radionar, which is a triple, too.

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have a mint copy from this lens. It has M42 mount looks working right , but I can reach focus only from 1,5-1,7m from my camera body. Before and after non focused.I never tested because it has this defect.

So that explains the photos in the Gallery -- anyway, the bokeh seems to be good. The lens may be wrongly assembled so that the lens head is too far out. This is a long lens, not a tele configuration, and all the glass of the triplet is in the head. Check how much the head moves when you turn the focus setting from infinity down to 1.5m, this will give you an idea of the magnitude of the misplacement. Reassembling the lens might be reasonably easy as it shouldn't involve the glass at all - unless someone has done funny things with it.

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Veijo for explanation!