Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon EOS 6D + Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Canon EOS 6D + Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4 Reply with quote

Today was my 6D's first proper test! All shots with the Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.4. The was horrible and flat though Sad

The camera feels lighter than the 5D and has a brilliant auto ISO mode with minimum shutter speed setting. This means I can happily snap away in aperture priority mode and not get blurry shots. I understand Canon are playing catchup in this regard!

IMG_0066.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0068.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0071.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0072.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0073.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0095.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0097.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0098.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0109.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

IMG_0117.jpg by <<BackToTheFuture>>, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Graham ! great pop & colors
on the 5DII, I can select tv mode and autoiso to avoid blurred pics but I use it only for night shots
I always forget to use it in daylight and get my lot of blurred, especially with zoom and slow lenses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comment poilu Smile I guess the advantage of the new auto ISO implementation is that you are not limited to the shutter speed you select in TV mode, it's just the slowest it will allow Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Poilu, lovely colours and some added pop.
Impressive. Very Happy

I'd love that autoISO minimum shutter speed thingummy, must be really handy to have.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T* I was amazed by Patrick's lens in rain , how perform well. You prove it also, great combo! Nice series as well as usual! I love each of them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You've got the 6D?
That is the first DSLR that makes me think about replacing my 5Dclassic.

But I won't, at least not before the 5D breaks. Wink

Very nice shots!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, Graham. The 6D looks like an excellent camera!
The 5D Mark II, however, can also shoot in shutter priority mode with manual lenses using auto ISO. I do it all the time when photographing live events Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with new FF body.
Samples look great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, new FF!
very impressive results! Magic mushroom, an interesting market and shopping area, the signs Smile
you show that this lens is perfect for street, reporting.

poilu wrote:
congrats Graham ! great pop & colors
on the 5DII, I can select tv mode and autoiso to avoid blurred pics but I use it only for night shots
I always forget to use it in daylight and get my lot of blurred, especially with zoom and slow lenses

same here! Though in S mode with auto or lowest ISO with strong light I accidentally overexpose. My mistake, but then A mode + auto ISO, unless I needed 'freezing', proved easier. Now in Vienna in winter I shouldn't have this problem and generally use S mode.