Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica IIIa and several lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Leica IIIa and several lenses Reply with quote

Jupiter-12 2.8/35 and Leitz Summitar 2/5cm
Fujicolor ISO200 Film

"Burg Staufenberg" not far from Solms/Wetzlar

Some weeks ago when we still had nice weather.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series, I like the 3D of #1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work carsten. the rig seems very capable are you enjoying the rf experience? i myself really enjoy robustness of the result for the compactness of the gear. on film with mf, except for tele work, there isnt anything a much larger slr rig can do that these can't.
tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with film in my area is that the local labs are utter crap!
But this time I have sent the rolls to a mail-in service and was very satisfied with the results.

Finally, I have found a way to enjoy film again.

---

I love shooting with rangefinder cams. It's a very special experience.
The Yashica 35GS that I got from F16SUNSHINE some time ago has always been one of my favourite cams.
The Zorki-4 is great and I love my M8.
I was not entirely sure about my Leica IIIa, if it was really working properly. The first film I have shot with it did not bring up decent results. But now I know that the cam is working well and it was the bad lab that had destroyed my images.
This time everything is fine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set.

As Tony said, how are you enjoying this camera? I have the cheapskate Zorki/FEDs and love them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

The Yashica 35GS that I got from F16SUNSHINE some time ago has always been one of my favourite cams.
I was not entirely sure about my Leica IIIa, if it was really working properly. The first film I have shot with it did not bring up decent results. But now I know that the cam is working well and it was the bad lab that had destroyed my images.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples Carsten, I like the rendering of #1 and #3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Wink

That'll teach me to type faster. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the results ... The j12 is a black or silver model ?
I've just lost a Leica IIIc for a 105 E ! I was too shy and didn't considerd it seriously . Was shure it's going to go much higher .