Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 55/3.5 and Pancolar 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 55/3.5 and Pancolar 50/1.8 Reply with quote

We have had several mentions recently of macro lenses and I took my 55/3.5 nikkor (selling usually well under $100) for a little spin as I tried out my new Pancolar on the early spring sights here:

Pancolar 50/1.8

Nikkor 55/3.5 at around 1.75:1 or so

Frankly I think the nikkor is one of the best values out there right now. It is also quite decent as a mid-distance lens.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both lens are one of the best in their category I love them very much.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great takes, so colourful and full of life.
You are lucky to have spring there, here we are freezing -4°C Sad
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice captures. It looks like spring has been around a bit longer for you there. We are having a slower start this year up north. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

These are in a very sheltered arboretum (attached to OSU). They run a course for "master gardeners" here. I am planning to document the garden for the whole of this year - I only got sporadic shots last year. They also had snowdrops and lenten roses out.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, nice fat and succulent color for the nikkor.
Please specify which cam you use as I usually give better note for canon cam Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pancolar was on the Canon 40D and the flowers were on the Nikon D70.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots Patrick. I've barely used my 55 since I bought it in October. I must give it a proper go.