Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji X-PRO 1 and 21mm color skopar - Tuscany
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Fuji X-PRO 1 and 21mm color skopar - Tuscany Reply with quote

Hello,
just got this new body for my lenses. I am really happy with the high IQ of the sensor....

I took this photo last Saturday, half hour before the sunset. I was near Castellina in Chianti, a nice small town not far from Florence.

Roby

PS: please click on the image to see it with the right icc profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice landscape shot with lovely early autumn colours.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuji X-PRO 1 and 21mm color skopar - Tuscany Reply with quote

Nice image, Roby.

Omar wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a 5D Mark III

Why? Unless your 5D Mark II is broken, I consider it a real waste of money. The little extras of the Mark III do not justify the purchase
for those who already own Mark II.
Besides, I keep reading negative reviews, here's one about the video features of Mark III:
http://www.eoshd.com/content/7551/canon-5d-mark-iii-review

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuji X-PRO 1 and 21mm color skopar - Tuscany Reply with quote

Omar wrote:

That is a lovely image with really great crisp detail, color is awesome too. I'm thinking of buying a 5D Mark III but I just can't justify that when I can get this lovely camera for so much less. How is manual focus? Thanks for sharing!

Hello Omar,
after the update of firmware to new rel V.2, manual focus is ok..... really ok. You have two level of magnifications (3x and 10x). The only small problem (al least for me) is when you shoot in full manual mode: the hisotgram that you see on lcd (or EVF) is not in realtime .... but shows what you should get with the right exposure . I think that Fuji will fix with the next firmware release. The workaround for me is to use AE mode and, if i don't agree with Fuji's meter system, compensate +/- 2 stops with the dial ...

I can confirm that the sensor is really sharp, clean ... fantastic .... i have another body, the EOS 7D, and the difference in quality and noise over 800 iso is HUGE.

Roby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuji X-PRO 1 and 21mm color skopar - Tuscany Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice image, Roby.

Tnx Orio,
a "nice image" from you ...... that are so capable ... is always important Embarassed

As you can see there is a big difference in colours between the resized and the original (that you get clicking on it). Attila was really helpful and confirmed that the upload function resizes the image (if > 1024px) that will be shown in post (and loose icc).

roby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one ......not so special but .... 1000 ISO ..... same day, same place ...... the lens if the Fuji 35mm f:1,4 .. manual focus and manual exposure 1/100 f:8

roby

PS: please click on the image to see it with the right icc profile

Last edited by rrkradio on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar wrote:
How do you think my contax glass will behave on the x-1? I mean, is it worth it. I know Fujis own 35 1.4 is awesome, I will probably get it later on.

I have the Contax Distagon 25mm MM and, for me, is great with Fuji. The 35mm Fuji, see the photo above, is a nice piece of glass ... is only a bit "plasticous" compared to my Leica R lenses and Contax.

roby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roby, your photos appear identical to me regardless if you click on them or see them embedded.
Is your monitor using a sRGB profile?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Roby, your photos appear identical to me regardless if you click on them or see them embedded.
Is your monitor using a sRGB profile?

Orio,
my monitor is profiled with the colormunki to 6500 °k and about 90 cd/m2 ... i will double check if there something wrong with the loader of the "canned" profile.

Tnx,
roby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely, lovely, photographs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roby, the calibration ensures that you see your photos correctly at home, but it gives you no guarantee across the internet.
If your monitor uses a profile that is different from the Internet standard (sRGB), your ability of seeing your pictures exactly like
the other people sees them depends on the browser's support of ICC profiles other than sRGB, and of course also on the host application
that publishes your pictures online (in this case, this forum's software).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Roby, the calibration ensures that you see your photos correctly at home, but it gives you no guarantee across the internet.
If your monitor uses a profile that is different from the Internet standard (sRGB), your ability of seeing your pictures exactly like
the other people sees them depends on the browser's support of ICC profiles other than sRGB, and of course also on the host application
that publishes your pictures online (in this case, this forum's software).

Orio,
you are right ..... this is the reason because i suggest to use Firefox that supports icc profiles. Now we know that the forum's software manages correctly the icc profiles with the images untouched (not with the resized).

try this link .. very interesting and helpful

http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html

Roby

PS: i think that the last release of Explorer manages icc profile ..not sure and .... i don't like it.
PPS: checked now ....and Chrome (from rel 21) supports icc profiles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Fuji X-PRO 1 and 21mm color skopar - Tuscany Reply with quote

Omar wrote:

That settles it. I will get an X-pro 1 and keep my 5D Mark II Very Happy

..... and i am going to sell my EOS 7D and get a 5D MK II (now is cheap enough)

roby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd image is really great. especially in ISO 1000
PS. And I dream of this cam LOL Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice images indeed (and yes, no change in colors on my monitor too).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one with the color skopar .... same location of the first photo...... just 1 hour before. I have used the "Fuji Velvia" profile to enhance the green.

roby