Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Artist at work - Jupiter 37A 135mm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Artist at work - Jupiter 37A 135mm 3.5 Reply with quote

A Native American artist working outdoors. Shot with Jupiter 37A 135mm 3.5, wide open. I really like this lens in general, but especially for any kind of portrait work. Hard to believe they can be found so readily and inexpensively.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a powerful picture - even i would crop out a big part on the left - i do not find his shirt adding something to the picture
colours, his hand and the details are excellent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a very powerful image with amazing details and perfect focus, I like it a lot....may be just remove the left side with the tee-shirt Idea .....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about cropping on the left.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

Interesting, it's funny about the cropping because originally I did look at cropping it in more! I tried a couple of different crops but didn't like the results as much as the original. I like that percentage of the photo being out of focus and I preferred the overall composition. Additionally, I felt that leaving in the tank top, as well as the tattoo, told a bit more about the artist than a tighter crop would. Which was as important to me as showcasing the hand and details of the canvas.

It's always good to hear how others view things though and what their preferences might be, a different perspective gives food for thought. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't change a thing, I think you've captured a brilliant image just as it is. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it needs a tiny bit of cropping but keep the T shirt just loose the neck, as i pulls my eyes away constantly.
I did a little test and i think it works much better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make a square format using only the hand and the canvas, removing all the oof parts.
I think that the result would be a lot powerful and concentrated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This photo has great atmosphere Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heartcat wrote:
Interesting, it's funny about the cropping because originally I did look at cropping it in more!

Nice picture! I agree with your cropping Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
I wouldn't change a thing, I think you've captured a brilliant image just as it is. Very Happy

+1
Exellent picture just like this.