Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f/1.4 ZF made by Cosina in Japan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f/1.4 ZF made by Cosina in Japan Reply with quote

On Olympus E300 Kodak CCD

@f2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good good

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely "pop".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love Zeiss

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the Planar! Great samples Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice portraits !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good portraits, I especially like the first two, because the focus is more precise also thanks to the slightly stopped down aperture.
I have the lens and at f/1.4 (like you used in #3 #4) if you don't nail the focus perfectly, it shows, because of the abundant spherical aberration. I always do portraits at least at f/2.8 with this lens, to make sure that I have enough DOF room to make up for small imprecisions.
The first guy looks a lot like a friend of mine Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Good portraits, I especially like the first two, because the focus is more precise also thanks to the slightly stopped down aperture.
I have the lens and at f/1.4 (like you used in #3 #4) if you don't nail the focus perfectly, it shows, because of the abundant spherical aberration. I always do portraits at least at f/2.8 with this lens, to make sure that I have enough DOF room to make up for small imprecisions.
The first guy looks a lot like a friend of mine Smile

+1 for f/2.8. This also applies to the C/Y version which screams "pop" at f/2.8 onwards.