Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Efke 100 w/ Gradual ST 20 - Vigoleno
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Efke 100 w/ Gradual ST 20 - Vigoleno Reply with quote

I'm absolutely enthusiast of this film-developer combination! Images feel to me like medium format depth Surprised
Zeiss Ikon camera, lenses indicated above pictures. Scanned with ProScan 7200:

#1 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#2 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#3 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#4 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#5 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#6 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#7 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#8 Snapshot-Skopar 4/25

#9 C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM

#10 C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM

#11 C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM

#12 C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM

#13 C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM

#14 Biogon 2/35 ZM

#15 Biogon 2/35 ZM

#16 Biogon 2/35 ZM

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results indeed !

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, Orio, 6,7,11, and 14 are my faves, great results!

Scans from the 7200 are ultimately fine...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice to see Vigoleno again, Orio Wink

I see you like very much the Efke film. Excellent results, I'll have to give it a try...

Thanks for sharing!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cracking set! Everything good - photos, film and processing. I wish my B&Ws looked that snappy.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good development!
There's so much detail, you should print them with an enlarger on a good paper!

I heard many bad things of this film in other forums. Your results show that the film is very good in the right hands and with the right developer.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much guys. I am having fun and being pleased by results I admit Smile
Efke film is not grain-less as T-Max but has absolutely beautiful gray tones.
Another advantage of Efke is that it's commonly available for low price in bulk reels (especially with Adox brand)
so it is possible to save significant money with it, whereas T-Max reels cost as much as premade rolls
(and make the bulk option meaningless)
I have purchased a bulk loader and a reel of Adox 50, that will keep me busy for awhile with experiments Smile
I made a little disaster with first self made roll Laughing (lost about 8 exposures), but from second roll onwards it was smooth
guess it's the novice price to pay Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WOWEE!!! that's serious photography once again, and from 35mm! That snapshot skopar is no slouch, as #1 especially sticks out for me.

The series makes me really happy.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Shocked WOWEE!!! that's serious photography once again, and from 35mm! That snapshot skopar is no slouch, as #1 especially sticks out for me.
The series makes me really happy.

Thank you!! Very Happy Embarassed
#1 is my favourite also, one of these evenings I will print it with the enlarger Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

#1 is my favourite also, one of these evenings I will print it with the enlarger Smile

Could you post the printed results or at least a feedback? In my experience prints are generally a lot better than any scans with cheap scanner. But it depends a lot on the paper, on the enlarger and on the development of course. Maybe your prints could reach technically "James Nachtwey quality" Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Thanks much guys. I am having fun and being pleased by results I admit Smile
Efke film is not grain-less as T-Max but has absolutely beautiful gray tones.
Another advantage of Efke is that it's commonly available for low price in bulk reels (especially with Adox brand)
so it is possible to save significant money with it, whereas T-Max reels cost as much as premade rolls
(and make the bulk option meaningless)
I have purchased a bulk loader and a reel of Adox 50, that will keep me busy for awhile with experiments Smile
I made a little disaster with first self made roll Laughing (lost about 8 exposures), but from second roll onwards it was smooth
guess it's the novice price to pay Wink

Nice to hear, Orio.
I got also a bulk loader, but I cannot find empty rolls, where do you find them?.
In the past I ressorted to the lab: the disposable cams have a roll inside, and the lab cuts the film next to the roll end (because they don't rewind, they remain inside the disposable cams). Then, with some patience one can tape that end of the film to a fresh piece of film and carefully wind it inside, but It depends on the lab mood (they use to throw away the rolls).

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results, where do they sell the adox ?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Orio wrote:

Could you post the printed results or at least a feedback? In my experience prints are generally a lot better than any scans with cheap scanner. But it depends a lot on the paper, on the enlarger and on the development of course. Maybe your prints could reach technically "James Nachtwey quality" Wink

I will surely post the scan of the print, although my experience shows that scanned prints lose a lot of the beauty of the print itself.
As for James Nachtwey, better leave the photography gods alone. I'm a simple amateur Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Nice to hear, Orio.
I got also a bulk loader, but I cannot find empty rolls, where do you find them?

I buy them from my friend Dario in Piacenza, he also sells them online:
http://www.westernphoto.it/webstore/AP_CARTRIDGE_METAL_FILM_135

poilu wrote:
great results, where do they sell the adox ?

I also buy them from Dario:
http://www.westernphoto.it/sell-online/Adox-and-Efke-11