Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Small Series of Poppy Images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Small Series of Poppy Images Reply with quote

After a long hiatus, I'm finally getting back to photography once again.

Here are some test shots with the Fuji X100, which unfortunately I haven't used much yet. Some were taken in manual mode; however, this is an AF - enabled camera. Therefore, I think this is the proper place to post.

Hoping to get out soon with my good old Pentax 645. It is basically 'my friend'. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful as always, Larry. I can feel their freshness from here!
And most convincing reds from a Bayer digital camera that I ever saw, I think.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hadn't said it was digital, I would think of film Smile
Nice shots!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like these beautiful colours

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I had to make a custom white-balance mode, as the auto white balance brought these deep reds into
the yellow spectrum and didn't come close to the actual color. Once I dialed in the custom WB, the colors were very exact.
Rendering subtle gradations in the red spectrum is difficult for sure, so I am happy with the WB setting here, as it not only
nailed the deeper reds, but also showed the gradations into orange-red where it was happening.

I wonder why a Bayer array has such difficulty with reds? Also, I've seen problems with blue/purple as well unless a custom
setting is dialed in.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is not only the WB but the whole colour profile of the cameras.
Your camera must evidently have a very good colour profile built in and it's enough for you to select the proper WB to obtain these results.
Other cameras instead require really custom profiling before starting to work properly with regards to colours. That is why I bought the Color Checker Passport. One of the best purchases I ever made.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
If you hadn't said it was digital, I would think of film Smile
Nice shots!.

Jes.

I was thinking the same.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS to ALL of you! I appreciate the feedback!