Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda Auto EC 50mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Miranda Auto EC 50mm f1.8 Reply with quote

This series came out in 1974. No external camera connections, and a 49mm filter thread. I believe they also had improved coatings.
Looking foward to giving it a try. Very Happy
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $2.30 its hard to go wrong. It's too bad it didn't come with free shipping.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s58y wrote:
For $2.30 its hard to go wrong. It's too bad it didn't come with free shipping.

Thanks. Smile
There is a thread about the E version of this lens, so I am very curious to see how they will compare.
http://forum.mflenses.com/miranda-bayonet-50mm-f1-8-e-on-olympus-epl1-t41165,highlight,%2Bmiranda.html

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st test pic handheld. I haven't made an adapter yet. Shot at f5.6.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The E series used 52mm filter threads on most of there lenses. The EC, E series Compact used 49mm filter threads. Size wise the 50 1.8 EC is about 3mm longer then the final Minolta MD 50 1.7, and 50 2 lenses.
This lens, as expected has a deepley recessed front element, if memory serves this is a 7/5 design. This lens does have a built in slide out hood.
I notice EC lenses on the 'bay with missing rubber grips, so check before you buy. I will try some more shots tomorrow if the rain passes. No real testing until I can make an adapter.

EDIT.
I think I can prove with a little more research, that this lens and others in the EC line weren't made by Miranda. The maker was Sun Optical.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raining on and off again today. Sad I did get as few shots in between. Pretty gloomy day so the shots have PP. Bumped the contrast, light adjusted, and sharpened. Comments and Critiques are welcome.

Shot at f1.8

Shot at f4

Shot at f5.6.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More shots.

f2.8

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bokeh and color tones. Probably not the sharpest but looks good.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Nice bokeh and color tones. Probably not the sharpest but looks good.

Thanks. Smile I'm looking foward to making an adapter so I can test these lenses properly. I do like the way it handels color and the bokeh, but your right it's not the sharpest.