Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Staeble Choro -E- 1:3.5 / 38mm - m39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Staeble Choro -E- 1:3.5 / 38mm - m39 Reply with quote

Little Braun Paxette m39 screw mount lens Wink

Last edited by Nordentro on Mon May 07, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, especially love the youngsters smile on the Kart, speaking of which, street legal ?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, yes the kart is street legal Very Happy

Very nice vehicle to use when traveling to work on sunny days Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard about this lens but seems to be a great little performer! Funny portrait from the "fisherman" Very Happy .... and your daughter has the same beautiful eyes as your wife Very Happy ......

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they have cloned the barrel of a Zeiss Jena Tessar 2.8/50 Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind the lens, I want one of those carts ! Cool

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine lens, adorable little girl, amusing cart. What more could one ask for?

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shots of the girl are fantastic, what a great smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerris2 wrote:
The shots of the girl are fantastic, what a great smile.

She's growing up before our very eyes!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx guys , for nice comments. I really appreciate it! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up one of these a while back but circumstances precluded a test. Was tidying the den and said oh yeah. These are just random first shots on the a7rii, mostly mid aperture 5.6 8 or so. My usual setup NEX to m42 close then helical/s m42 to m39. Straight from camera jpg resized by the tablet to 190.....

I like the glow of the out of focus areas. Nice colors. I am guessing it's a a tessar type. It has the recessed lens that is often seen on that era lenses. It IMHO is plenty sharp.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, sharper than the Leitz Summaron 35mm f3.5 of the same era.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some shots with a new copy I obtained. It should be noted that with the NEX-m42 close plus a helicoid m42-m2 It becomes a capable macro and will shoot down to about 25 cm while still retain infinity. This in a very tiny package. A fun little lens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad actually! I have it, too but wonder if I ever used it (and its 85mm brother)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 85mm siblings are twins of different character. The Telon is.. to be generous...not that great. Soft even stopped down and not great character and lacks contrast it does have a very low price tag though... The Telexon is better, quite a bit better in my opinion. Sharper at every stop.. Better contrast and better bokeh. Guessing I would say the Tlon is a cheap triplet and the Telxon a Tessar style but that is just a guess.