Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My roll from May 4th
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: My roll from May 4th Reply with quote

Took these the day before the May 5th challenge at the same location. The weather was much more exciting on this day. All the same kit as the May 5th Challenge.

I had a free transport pass so I actually rode on the pirate ship! The others were taken at Owakudani, an active volcano. That's a mixture of low cloud and gases and steam from the volcano. It was very smelly!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set, but WOW! - that house on the 2nd picture! Is anyone brave/stupid enough to live there?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
that house on the 2nd picture! Is anyone brave/stupid enough to live there?

Maybe a mountain refuge?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the pirate ship, does it travel around from port ot port? I have picture of a vessel very
similar if not the same one, that I took in '98 in the hills above Sasebo. I will look for it, my
curiosity is piqued.

I found one of the pics on my Photobucket account, not near as nice a picture, lousy Walmart scan:

it's a square-rigged 3-master, but I see now it's different

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

@Katastrofo I think there are a lot of pirate ships floating around the Japanese seas and lakes! The one in my photo is on Lake Ashi and I'm pretty sure stays there all year round.

About the house. It's actually a small shop which sells eggs boiled in the sulfur hot springs. The shells turn completely black!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, so all those people in #2 wait to enter the volcano Shocked Cool

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice series, so all those people in #2 wait to enter the volcano Shocked Cool

Laughing

It's not quite that dangerous but you have to keep within certain areas. It does smell terrible though.