Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Distagon 28/2.8 on Nex-5n
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Contax Distagon 28/2.8 on Nex-5n Reply with quote

At least I've got my new Nex adapters. Just some very quick tests with Distagon here. Lens is very sharp from wide open and I found I like it more on Nex than on my old Canon crop body. Well actually I believe everyone here knows it's character.

Click for larger version:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved from Canon 40D to Nex 5N and I am obliged to say that the improvement is stunning, a whole new world.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series Arctures!

patrickh wrote:
I moved from Canon 40D to Nex 5N and I am obliged to say that the improvement is stunning, a whole new world.
patrickh

I will have to get a 5N, so many people fall in love with it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments! When I've heard of 5n for the first time I though "What the heck is that little piece of plastic?". Then one of my friends has bought it and after I've played a few hours with it I just could not resist to trade my 550D in to Nex. There are two main drawbacks with Nex: no hot shoe and no external mic input for movie sound recording. I've solved 1st one by purchasing chinese IR synchronizer with a delay (Nex has some pre-flash issue) so now I can fire-up as many flashes as my wireless trigger supports. Second one is not actually an issue because best sound results can be reached only with external recording solutions. Also a very nice thing is it's size. It is so light and small - I am really carrying it every day in my bag!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the thing that is really keeping me off Nexes for the moment: too many lacking things that require expensive additions, compared to e.g. my 60D
Lack of built-in viewfinder, lack of flash shoe, expensive adapters...
The price tag of 60D and 5N are close (100-150 Euros difference depending on the shop), but if I start to add to the 5N the needed accessories, the final price skyrockets
What's more, my experience shows that the more additions you need (compared to built in features), the more things can go wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very different cameras. I prefer the image quality of my Nex-5n over my Canon EOS 60D. BUT...for sustained shooting, the 60D is more comfortable than the 5N + EVF in my opinion. Anyway, I put up with the pain and the 60D sits on the shelf Laughing

I still prefer the full frame sensor of the 5D for realising the potential of wide lenses however Wink

Note: I was lucky to get my Nex-5n at a silly low price (£128.00 after I sold the kit lens) and paid just £180.00 for a lightly used EVF. It's always worth shopping around for used bargains Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots, I like number 3.

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Note: I was lucky to get my Nex-5n at a silly low price (£128.00 after I sold the kit lens) and paid just £180.00 for a lightly used EVF. It's always worth shopping around for used bargains Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow nice pice! As for me I found I never have been using optical view finder on my 550D since I tried live view and especially with Magic Lantern firmware for the first time. May be this is strange for any experienced photographer but I really cannot understand why spend some additional amount for view finder instead of a new mf lens Cool . It is really very convenient for me to use display view finder especially with focus peak function. But of course 5n is not some kind of ideal camera. Ideal for me would be full frame sensor with hot shoe in Nex 5/7 form factor Cool