Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 11 shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 11 shots Reply with quote

Finally got the chance to properly test this lens today! Mine is the zebra version, from '68.
I did notice that while its a sharp lens, its not very good at reproducing colours faithfully, requiring more PP than my other lenses. But I like it anyway Smile (and it REALLY does look like a grenade... which is awesome.)

1204083 by noobographer, on Flickr

1204086 by noobographer, on Flickr

12040812 by noobographer, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens coating is yellow brown or purple Sirrith?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
Your lens coating is yellow brown or purple Sirrith?

Very purple. But brown from some angles (quite faint)!

Were the brown ones better?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said the one with brown coating is closer to sonnar, and purple gives more warm tone. I have the one with purple in alu, so I'm not sure about that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the samples look good, maybe the 11a is just that better, I love mine, and the colours pop from the camera, mine is the 76 version with purple coatings. Mine looks like an artilery shell.

Very smooth bokeh and well used in the portraits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, many said 11a is better, but for me the best lens is the one comes with your camera when you are going shooting.
Portrait, yes portrait.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VG shot....but for me the back ground doesn't add to the picture of a pretty girl in the red and gold dress.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
VG shot....but for me the back ground doesn't add to the picture of a pretty girl in the red and gold dress.

Thank you, but I cant help it. She is too close to the fence, and I dont know about other metering.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this one. It always suprise me from the photo it took.
Mine is purple coating. When I bought it, the seller also offered me another one, the earlier version with red P.
The mount is L39, can not be used on my DSLR. Hard to decide , at the last moment, I still passed it up.
Here is the photo I took with Fujicolor Xtra 400 on the southmost Taiwan.

Last edited by edwardwang on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardwang wrote:
Mine is purple coating. When I bought it, the seller also offered me another one, the earlier version with red T.
The mount is L39, can not be used on my DSLR. Hard to decide , at the last moment, I still passed it up.
Here is the photo I took with Fujicolor Xtra 400 on the southmost of Taiwan.

Very good I think.
I bought it in my central city camera shop. I was standing in front of the shop, looking for some Zeiss, then I see it, dont know what it is, then I went in and bought it. Btw, mine is from 1971, how about yours?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour cast is never a problem with digital, just buy a 18% gray card (cost about 10 USD) and take as habit to shoot one photo
of it at the beginning of each session.
You can then use it as reference for white balancing all the photos in the session.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kyonthinh"]
edwardwang wrote:
Mine is purple coating. When I bought it, the seller also offered me another one, the earlier version with red T.
Here is the photo I took with Fujicolor Xtra 400 on the southmost of Taiwan.

I bought it in my central city camera shop. I was standing in front of the shop, looking for some Zeiss, then I see it, dont know what it is, then I went in and bought it. Btw, mine is from 1971, how about yours?

The first 2 digits of mine is 68, I wonder if it meas made in 1968?
People said those lenses printed red P could be made from the original Zeiss meterials.
Unfortunately, these lenses seem to be for RF, unsuitable for my current system, so I don't have any one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardwang wrote:

People said those lenses printed red P could be made from the original Zeiss meterials.
Unfortunately, these lenses seem to be for RF, unsuitable for my current system, so I don't have any one.

Yeah, I think it's 1968 made.
I heard someone said that the one which's produced before 1950 was using original Zeiss materials.
You cant use that, so dont mind about that one, you dont want to look a very good lens day by day, do you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyonthinh wrote:
edwardwang wrote:

Yeah, I think it's 1968 made.
I heard someone said that the one which's produced before 1950 was using original Zeiss materials.
You cant use that, so dont mind about that one, you dont want to look a very good lens day by day, do you?

Exactly, lens is a trap, just like potato chip, once you have one , you can't stop. Be careful!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardwang wrote:

Exactly, lens is a trap, just like potato chip, once you have one , you can't stop. Be careful!

Haha, I know, but it's too late. Because I looked at luis and Attila pictures too much, after 2 months I've bought...uhm...ah...let's see, 31 lenses total. It's not much, but cant call it a few of lenses.