Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Ektar 100 from 1992.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Kodak Ektar 100 from 1992. Reply with quote

Shot with either the PraktiSigma or a Mamiya 4B rangefinder with Kodak Ektar 100 on a hazy day in the Lake District back in June 1992 - I have a fleeting suspicion it may have been the latter camera though. This is the original Ektar 100 from the 90's and isn't the latest incarnation.

Newlands Valley and Causey Pike:

Looking north towards Skiddaw from Catbells summit with Derwent Water and Keswick to the northeast:

Last edited by bob955i on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first shot is so clear Cool ...don't see that often.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both great photos, although time has probably played a bad joke in the shape of some magenta cast.
I am struck by the shape of the hills, so different from the hill shapes that we have here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

Excalibur wrote:
That first shot is so clear Cool ...don't see that often.

I was there for a week and that day was probably the clearest going by the rest of the roll. No rain for that period either but very warm and with a lot of haze.

Orio wrote:
Both great photos, although time has probably played a bad joke in the shape of some magenta cast.
I am struck by the shape of the hills, so different from the hill shapes that we have here.

I can just make out the cast on my laptop which really needs upgraded if I'm honest. The English Lakes are truly spectacular and whilst they don't have the ruggedness of the Scottish Highlands, they're equally photogenic and well worth visiting. Great place with great people too. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, what a shot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What stunning views, and beautifully captured Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
What stunning views, and beautifully captured Cool

+1, thanks for sharing these, Bob!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots of my favourite bit of England. Looking back at my old photos of the lakes I spotted a bit of a magenta cast. Maybe it isn't the film - maybe it is the Lake District that has the cast!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work Bob. Excellent shots. I love the greens.

I am also struck by the shape of the hills. Really unlike anything we have here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Very nice work Bob. Excellent shots. I love the greens.

I am also struck by the shape of the hills. Really unlike anything we have here.

The hills (maybe 500 million years old) might be different because of glaciers wearing them down and gouging out valleys in repeated ice ages....mountains like the Alps are quite recent in comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mountains of the North Lakes are sedimentary, formed from layers of silt and slate, giving them a "softer" look. The mountains further south, starting at Borrowdale, are volcanic and much more "craggy".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a quick look at the geology of the area guys and the Newlands Valley is glacial in origin.

Can't find the link where it says so though.