Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony SLT mirror replacement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Sony SLT mirror replacement Reply with quote

Hi,
Some weeks ago I noticed a small dent in my slt-a55's translucent mirror. It must have happened while I was changing lens, adapter or who knows. (I'll eventually post a pic later)
Anyway, so far this is not a problem, since everything seems working fine (even though i do not check AF often), i even tried to remove the mirror and use the camera without that, no problem.

The thing is maybe I'm going to sell that camera and go for a full frame - not sure, not soon, but possibly: so I will have to replace the mirror, and I think I am able to do this by myself - if I find a spare one.

I called sony assistance and they told me that I have to send them my camera to do that: it will cost me some money (don't know how much) and, even worse, i will have to wait without my camera.

So, two questions:
does anybody know where can I get one of those translucent mirrors? maybe one already mounted on its plastic frame, so that i will replace it in 4 seconds?

And does anybody get any clue on how did I hit the mirror (not really important, just for curiosity)

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried calling some independent repair labs?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will search for one, maybe in Milan.
Really hope they can help me without having to give them the camera: the replacement is such an easy operation that I'd rather spend no money for it.

Thanks for the idea.