Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ DDR MC S 1:3.5 f=135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: CZJ DDR MC S 1:3.5 f=135 Reply with quote

CARL ZEISS JENA DDR MC S 1:3.5 f=135 M42 - 6 blades - MFD 100cm - ∅49 - ≳1975

A wonderful lens, i've had it for a while.... every time a take it out i wonder why i don't use it more often....
There is surely a handful of better lenses out there, but this one is truly a great lens...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great lens indeed,if I want reliablity for sharpness and a nice all round image then I take this lens. What serial does yours start with, mine is in the 10****** range? Do you also know is there any bad reports about this lens?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beside the hardening of the old lube, i've never seen a bad rap about it...
Mine has been relubed....

No.605xx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I gather yours is an early version,I never know with certain serial numbers Smile .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great images, I love the frog!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful results. One of the few lenses I will never sell. Even though I have two of them Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the insects Very Happy Were these taken using extension tubes or just the closest focus of the lens?

And to show how little I know - Is the DDR 135/3.5 different to the 135/4?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens was one of the first to sparkle popularity of manual focus lenses in digital age. Even hard core AF users could not deny the appeal of classic sharp sonnar design. With the scene flourishing and new interesting lenses (to be tested) popping out each day we put the lens on the side track a bit. I am sure this was temporarily thing. Once the ocean of optics is a bit categorized and digitally tasted many will return to the DDR 135mm Sonnar. I also believe alu versions are all nice but MC Sonnar is a culmination of knowledge and quality that came out of East Germany.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
I like the insects Very Happy Were these taken using extension tubes or just the closest focus of the lens?

And to show how little I know - Is the DDR 135/3.5 different to the 135/4?

They were takin' at MDF

I don't know much more than you but alot of good folks here will share their knowledge :
http://forum.mflenses.com/twelve-2-8-135mm-lenses-compared-on-5dmkii-t39463.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-sonnar-135-f4-or-f3-5-t48309.html