Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5D MK3 or 7D MK2? Spotted in Kenya
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: 5D MK3 or 7D MK2? Spotted in Kenya Reply with quote

A new full frame camera prototype from canon has seemed to be spotted in Kenya along with two new AF lenses a 200-400 f4L and a 600mm telephoto.

What do guys think about the camera, could this be the 5Dmk3 or maybe an upgrade to full frame for the 7d?

Source: http://blog.apertureacademy.com/2012/01/follow-up-post-re-prototype-canon.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that much to guess, really. It is perfectly obvious that Canon must leak rumours about the 5D Mk III now that Nikon has presented the D4 - having their staff show off some samples in prestigious press pits is part of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but not talking about that, ofc its almost surley intentionaly leaked. and the D4 from nikon is going beside the 1Dx from canon.. so its not about that.. maybe its about the coming D800.. who knows

i'd hate that camera to be 5dmk3... it looks just bad, and doesnt seem to have buffs towards dslr video ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost definitely the 5D MkIII because of the lack of a built in flash.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
Yeah but not talking about that, ofc its almost surley intentionaly leaked. and the D4 from nikon is going beside the 1Dx from canon.. so its not about that.. maybe its about the coming D800..

Well, Nikon has put itself ahead in the ISO race, and the 1Dx is much too fresh to consider a successor, so they'll have to leak a 5D update to pacify their customers whining for a camera as fast as the D4.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me more of the 7dmkII than the 5Dmkiii .

It has more common 7D features including the viewfinder than the 5Dii...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the rumour sites, the 5DIII/X and D800 will both be announced on the 7th Feb. If that's true, then this is the new 5D. Apparently it will have 22mp again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I show the original RAW image of the last closeup pic ... they used a 1Dmkiii to shot it. Strange it's the first time I saw a leaked Canon camera in the net like leaked car prototypes..... hmmm

In another rumor site they mention 18,1mpx and 6fps.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumours are that the new 5D will have a pro AF system as well Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Where does that leave the 1Dx then? Only advantage being FPS rate?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LGH wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Where does that leave the 1Dx then? Only advantage being FPS rate?

Well, the 1DX would also have a weather resistant body, better battery and better sensor I guess. As well as dual card slots and all the other pro features.

Latest rumour is for a 5DIII with 22MP and a 5DX with 45MP Smile Who knows? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i read those rumor sites as well... em just wanted to point out that there are full size sample jpeg straight from the 1DX and man... what can i say... its ISO at 1600 is like my ISO at 200 with the 60D.... just blows your mind.
so definitely it is going to sell to the high end PG. and has a reason why its so expansive and marketed as the top notch camera from canon..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
yeah i read those rumor sites as well... em just wanted to point out that there are full size sample jpeg straight from the 1DX and man... what can i say... its ISO at 1600 is like my ISO at 200 with the 60D.... just blows your mind.
so definitely it is going to sell to the high end PG. and has a reason why its so expansive and marketed as the top notch camera from canon..

I would to see a combat between the D4 and 1DX!!! The D3s was the king of low light high ISO photography and by now it must be beaten by these new releases!