Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMC Tokina 17mm + 24mm on water, in air and on land
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: RMC Tokina 17mm + 24mm on water, in air and on land Reply with quote

I think the 17mm f/3.5 RMC Tokina is still a great lens, especially considering its price. It works superbly on the 5D!

The 24mm is definitely less good, but the shot inside the blacksmit's shop is still nice Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots Peter (as always), so now I know why I still have three of them Wink Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Stunning series!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Peter, great series!
No 1 and 2 are my favorites.
You gave me the idea to write down a letter to Sony to make for me a custom made full frame NEX Laughing Laughing (for my Vivitar 17)!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant... 'nuff said!

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you! Smile

@Yinyangbt: I hope the same but also for my Canon FD 85mm f/1.2 S.S.C. Aspherical. I still don't use that lens much because I want to use it on fullframe without hassle (i.e. not on film and also not on shaved 5D).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic series Peter, i love the blacksmith image lovely tones.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow! Stunning series!!

+1 !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I enjoyed these a lot. Aeroplanes and ships, two of my favourite things Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really superb series.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokinaa has a number of manufacturers. Is this your model? Komine?

Fine photos!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Tokina was its own lens maker... They're not Vivitar! Smile

But yes, that's the model I have and used (although my serial number starts with "80".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember having read somewhere that Komine story. Can I may be wrong when I do find it pages. Same lens is also Spiratone name. Nice IQ the FF Eos, probably better than Ef17-40 wide open. Which is not so much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina make their own lenses Wink Great series! The 17mm especially looks a cracker on FF.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really great pictures - the empty inside of the jet is my fav
i think this lens is compared to the Tamron a bargain and i do not see differences

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 17mm shots look really good; I think the 24 is not so great. I owned one for a short time and it was quite soft and quite bland,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed; the 24mm is not on the same level as the 17mm, which seems to do many things right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, if the situation considering the focal length between 24-50mm, is this tokina rmc il 24/2.8 worth considering to have? comparing to others 28mm : sigma,zuiko om,pentax, etc?

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, especially the ones taken in the air behind the pilot.

I love all of my RMC Tokina lenses and find them to be great performers. I had wanted a 17mm, but the prices were a bit too high for me, so I picked up a Vivitar 19mm instead. I'm just awaiting an adapter. I don't expect it to perform as well as the 17mm Tokina, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

I look forward to seeing more from this lens!