Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-5 can't focus in distance (Pics added)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M-5 can't focus in distance (Pics added) Reply with quote

Hey people, I'm new here, and I need your help, I made a stupid mistake, I took my Helios 44m-5 apart, and when I got all the peaces back I realised I can't foccus to infinity.

I can focus normally to 3 or 4 meters, but after that, it's blurry. Please help.

Btw. I'm using it on Oly E-520 with adapter from ebay, until my stupidity lens worked fine with focusing, but it needed a cleaning.

Pictures:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44M-5 can't focus in distance (Pics added) Reply with quote

angelus wrote:
Hey people, I'm new here, and I need your help, I made a stupid mistake, I took my Helios 44m-5 apart, and when I got all the peaces back I realised I can't foccus to infinity.

I can focus normally to 3 or 4 meters, but after that, it's blurry. Please help.

Btw. I'm using it on Oly E-520 with adapter from ebay, until my stupidity lens worked fine with focusing, but it needed a cleaning.

Pictures:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?

what is main thing on Helios for focusing, did I messed up tubes when I was putting them back, or did I messed up with glasses?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, angelus, welcome aboard!

angelus wrote:
anyone?

Please, I know that you want to get an answer as quickly as possible, but be a little more patient. Everybody here has a regular job and there is no gurantee to get an answer within one day. This forum is no service instutition, ok?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
First of all, angelus, welcome aboard!

angelus wrote:
anyone?

Please, I know that you want to get an answer as quickly as possible, but be a little more patient. Everybody here has a regular job and there is no gurantee to get an answer within one day. This forum is no service instutition, ok?

Thx m8 for wishing me welcome. Sorry for being a little bit pushy about this.

I just managed to get it back to have infinity focus, so this problem is soloed, I played with tubes, till I finally found perfect spot.

Now I only have problem with a ball for aperture, I lost it, if anyone knows how to replace it with something else or if there are some to buy on ebay, I would be appriciated.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelus wrote:
Now I only have problem with a ball for aperture, I lost it, if anyone knows how to replace it with something else or if there are some to buy on ebay, I would be appriciated.

I have a few bits which I rescued from a badly damaged 44M-4. If you would like the ball bearing send me a pm.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelus wrote:

I just managed to get it back to have infinity focus, so this problem is soloed, I played with tubes, till I finally found perfect spot.

Hi Angelus,

Can you please explain how you did it? How do you "play with tubes"?

I have a Helios 44m-6 lens and would like to get infinity focus too.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://psychoticstudios.net/blog/archives/118

http://retrotek.biz/blog/archives/140

Great repair information for the Helios.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lloydy. It sure is interesting.
It seems that Helios 44 is different from Helios 44m-6.
Am I right or wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could be different, I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, looks like they are different.

It'd be great to have a similar type of instructions but for Helios 44m-6.