Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 83/1.9 Chrome version (low price)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Takumar 83/1.9 Chrome version (low price) Reply with quote

Due to some defects I finally won't repair, I sell it at a low price :

http://www.mflenses.com/mfl-ebay/Kogaku-Takumar-83-1.9-M37/ads.view.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested, but having read about the defects, I guess it won't make much sense?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took some pictures with it (I was sure to have posted them, but don't find them), we can clearly guess a loss in image quality (low contrast, lower flare resistance than my other 83/1.9, a bit of sharpness loss), but I would consider it as still usable for some type of portraiture (more for women than men). The best solution would be to restore it to original condition (I think the lens deserves that), but I don't have enough time/skills to do that, so I have the M42 version and don't want to multiply lenses, I decided to put it for sale Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly interested, but not at the current price point. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make a reasonable offer i pm if you think that my price is too high Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to have a look into it Wink

tf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I am missing something, What is the price? where are pictures of the exact lens you are selling? What exactly is wrong with it? Where are you located? What is your best price to 89015 in the usa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akfreak wrote:
OK I am missing something, What is the price? where are pictures of the exact lens you are selling? What exactly is wrong with it? Where are you located? What is your best price to 89015 in the usa

I think all your questions are already answered in the first link. Or, you don't have accessed to the site?

Last edited by my_photography on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akfreak wrote:

You can't view it if you use IE8. The incompatability issue was never fixed. You can view it with Firefox or other Browsers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
i'd like to have a look into it Wink

tf

Paying for a professional repair was also an other way I thought about, if it is financially speaking interesting for me, regarding to the cost of the repair and the "new" price of the lens (but I don't think that we can do something for the microscratches on the front lens...

akfreak wrote:

As said, you are missing the link I posted, that redirects you to my ad in the marketplace. Here is the text if you can't access to the link :

Takumar 83/1.9, derivative Sonnar design, M37 mount (same register than M42 but with smaller thread), chrome version
Defects :
- Some blades out of their place (lens has 18 blades)
- Some micro scrathes on front element (cleaning marks)
- Something space on one element, coating worn off or len separation, I d'ont know
I see no fungus.

Sold lens only
Insured/tracked shipping : France 10,35€ // EU 18,15€ // Eastern Europe 21,80€ // USA-Canada 25,20€ // Asia-Australia 28,40€

So you have all your answers (and for shipping, zip code does not matter, the french post asks me the same price wherever I send the package in the USA) Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your best price ....

This lens is can reach $$$$ and very rare. If I have money now I don't hesitate much to take it , no matter blades are fixable or not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the biggest problem is the blades, but rather the coating off/lens separation. In both cases, it should be fixable, but will require hours of work. The blades don't seem to be twisted , so they should be "easy" to set at their right place, but I already have some difficulties to set 10 blades, so 18 is too much for my current skills Confused